Chapter 20: Promises

I didn't go back in the house.

I cried as I ran. When my feet started to hurt, I flew. I teleported to places that I recognized until I finally was in Tennessee.

I looked for Peter's mother's mind. I thought about her destination and teleported myself a few blocks away. I manifested a brush to comb my hair, and a mirror. I looked better than I did, but my face was stained red from crying.

I walked to Peter's house. When I reached his door, I rang the doorbell. Peter's father was very proper and strict. His mother was more caring. When his mother answered the door, I sighed.

"May I help- Samantha?" She asked confused.

"Ma'am. I was wondering if you have seen Peter." I said.

"Yes, Come in." She said leaving the door open for me. I walked inside and closed it.

"He is in his room. How are you doing?" She asked.

"At the moment, terrible. Which room is Peter's?" I asked.

"Oh that's right! You haven't been to this house before! His is the room at the end of the hall." She said. I walked to the end of the hall and lightly knocked.

"Go away mom! I told you that I don't want to talk about it!" He yelled.

When I knew his mom couldn't hear me, I changed my voice into his father's

"Now young man! That is no way to talk to your mother! Open this door right now!" I said.

"Father, I didn't know you were back from work." Peter said nervously while he was quickly opening the door.

He saw me and for a small second his face lit up, but then he looked upset.

"Sam? What are you doing here? I told you not to come for me." Peter said.

"It's a long story. Do you think that maybe I could come in?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said sitting on his bed. I closed the door and sat next to him.

"Pete, I made a mistake. I don't care about Justin. The only one that I care about is you." I said.

"This isn't going to be one of those times where you turn around after three seconds, you tell me the exact opposite of what you just said is it?"
He asked.

"Peter..." I said.

"Okay, I'm sorry. That was definitely not the right thing to say." He said.

"I'm serious this time Peter. When I told Justin, he ran off and may or may not be plotting to kill us." I said.

"Remind me why I left again? I wish I could have seen that." He said.

"You left because of me, and I'm glad you did because that's when Beck helped me realize that I love you." I said.

"I love you too Sam." He said hugging me.

I wrapped my arms around him, and for the first time that day, I felt safe.

"I knew Beck liked me! He kept saying he hated me, but you said that he helped you." Peter said.

"He really hated Justin though." I said.

"If he wants you dead, I hate him too." He said.

"He isn't bad though. They changed him. I don't hate him. I hate what he is becoming." I said.

"It's going to be okay Sam. We have each other. I'm not letting you go again." He said.

He put his hand on my back and my lips met his. I put my arms around him.