29. "Love."

Harry

I caught her eyes, her beautiful, glowing, captivating eyes. Her lips slowly, almost, hesitantly, curved into a smile. Her hair held back by my bandana, her body drowned in my oversized clothes, and my God, was she beautiful. She wasn't all that haunted under the moonlight, not nearly as pissed at the world either. She seemed intrigued by the atmosphere around her, as if it was all a new concept that she had only now known of its existence. She always seemed so focused, so determined, and I loved how distracted she now seemed to be. Her shoulders weren't curved with the invisible weight she always seemed to carry, her forehead wasn't formed into an in-erasable frown, her eyes weren't so empty and firm. She almost looked like a normal, 20-year old girl, and I was quite fond of the mere thought of that.

Louis was laughing to something she must have said, because she had that victorious grin on her lips, and I found myself walking towards her, away from Zayn's consistent mocking. She was oblivious to my approaching, her body involuntarily swaying with the music filling the air, as she nodded her head at Louis, who seemed to be telling her another one of his famous stories.

Once I reached her, the hand that wasn't sunk into the foam glove, reached out to hold her. Her head, ever so slowly, tilted towards me, the crinkles by the side of her mouth appearing with her widening smile, her tongue appearing behind her white teeth, her eyes narrowing genuinely, and I didn't know why, but happiness seemed to course through me at the thought of seeing that smile, not simply for today, but maybe for a few more days. Weeks wouldn't hurt either. Years would be even better. We seemed to be sunk in our own fleeting moment, drowning into the sense of security offered by the other's presence, until I felt a tug to my free arm.

" Dance with me, Harry, come on!" I looked down to see Raine, the black ink on her cheeks had smudged, her braided hair all over the place, as she attempted to pull me away.

" Oh no, kid, I don't dance. Go find Niall or something." I almost pulled my hand away from her grasp, but she was holding on too tight.

" No way, you're my date, what do you want people to say? That you dumped me so I went for the second most handsome man on camp?"

" Heeeeey, I'm pretty sure I earned the second place, it's bad enough I lost the first place to Harry." Louis interrupted, crossing his arms against his chest defensively.

" Tomlinson, honestly, we've been through this before. Get over it." Raine rolled her eyes, continuing to pull me away. Autumn snorted, falling into a fit of laughter but shortly recovering after receiving a warning glare from Louis.

" You'll regret this, Raine!"

" Getting old with that comeback, Tomlinson. Get creative." By that point, Raine and I were in the middle of the dancing figures around us, as she put my arms to her waist, her arms barely reaching my chest, as I attempted to lean down to be anywhere close to her height. My movement was stiff, not at all entertained, but my mere motion seemed to be enough for her, as a proud smirk took over her young features.

" Thank you for doing this, Harry. You're kind of cool, once we get past that dreadful costume." I chuckled lowly, shaking my head to myself.

" You're not too bad yourself, kid." She smiled shyly, looking down. My eyes involuntarily searched for Autumn, and to my surprise, her eyes were already on me, sparkling under the moonlight, her cheeks a bit colorful due to the alcohol she must have consumed through the night. Her smile grew, falling into a fit of laughter at the sight of me limply moving along with Raine's consistent motion.

" I told you not to fall for the prisoner." I looked down upon Raine, who continued to dance, as if her words were never meant to be spoken.

" Huh?"