4. "The intruder is here."

Harry

" We should attack before they come to us. If she gets behind our lines, she'll take us down, one at a time." Zayn said, pacing the floor frantically.

" She's after me. We're going to start a war for my sake." I blankly replied, seemingly deep in thought, but alert to all my surroundings.

" We can't sit here and wait for her to pounce. She's playing with our heads, trying to destroy us mentally, so that we're easily defeated physically."

" Then lets not fall into her trap."

" You're talking about it like it's a choice!" Zayn yelled, hitting his hands against the wooden table. I brought my eyes to his, firmly, coldly.

" It is. If we act the way you are, then she's already won. Calm the fuck down, and let us think of this like any other mission." I demanded through gritted teeth. With a sigh of surrender, Zayn grabbed a chair, and sat down. I received an amused smile from Louis, who nodded at me approvingly.

" Now, going to war isn't an option. We all know that they'll eat us alive in a heartbeat. We're not well equipped, nor are we prepared for something as big as that. So, that option is excluded. What else do we have?" Just then, a panicked knock came onto the door.

" Sir, open up, the intruder is here and he is asking for Styles!" An outside voice announced. We all quickly rose from our seats, rushing to the nearest windows. Indeed, the blonde, blue eyed, man from earlier was held by several soldiers, with his hands behind his head in surrender.

" Kill him." Zayn cold-heartedly ordered, as the messenger nodded.

" What the fuck, we won't kill him, Zayn. He's defenseless and harmless." 

" He's a spy, Harry!"

" At least give him some time to explain why he came back. He isn't stupid, he knows how easily we can take him out. Lets hear what he has to say." Zayn bit his lips, seemingly contemplating my reasoning, before giving me a single nod. I rushed out the door, my gun in hand, Louis right behind me. I took the intruder into my grip, throwing him to the ground, and falling on top of him. One hand held him down, while the other put the gun to his head, but he made no attempts to fight back.

" You better talk now, or you'll have a shot through your head before you have the time to blink." I threatened, tightening my grip over his throat.

" I'm here to talk. I want to talk." He nodded, I eyed him skeptically, before lifting my body off him.

" Take him to the dungeon. Don't tie him. I can handle him." I brought my fierce eyes to his, as he nodded in defeat, while being taken away.

" Do you need me with you? They needed some supplies here, and I wanted to go out and get them before it's nighttime."

" Will you go alone?"

" I'll take a couple of soldiers, since you're clearly busy, and Zayn will refuse to leave camp with that intruder here." I nodded understandingly, before giving him a slight pat on the back.

" Take care of yourself out there."

" Don't I always?" I offered a half smile, before walking towards the dungeons.

" Hey, Styles!" I heard a small, girly, voice calling. I scanned my surroundings, but there was nothing in view. That was until I felt a pull at my pants, causing me to look downwards.

" What the hell?"

" Language, Styles." There stood a girl, that was in no way older than seven years old, with her hair pulled into a perfect bun, her black clothes and tiny –compared to my own- combat boots, and her piercing bluish grey eyes staring up at me.

" How do you know my name?"

" Everyone knows who you are, Styles."

" It's Mr. Styles to you." I bent down to be on the same level as her, since she was extremely small in size. She rolled her eyes, shaking her head in annoyance.

" Don't flatter yourself, I am nine and a half, you're like, twenty, not much of a difference, really."

" Okay, what do you want, kiddo?"

" I have a name."

" And what would that be?"

" It's Raine."

" Alright, Raine, how may I help you?"

I was highly amused by her confidence. She challenged me so easily, and I loved how fearless, and brave she was. She would come in handy if put to battle. And it astonished me, how the lone future that was ever attainable anymore, was battle.

" Will you kill that intruder?"

" What is it to you?" I furrowed my eyebrows slightly, because someone her age, should be running around, making friends, or maybe at school.

Oh right, school was only for the bureaucrats, running around wasn't safe anymore, and nobody trusted anyone enough to actually be friends with.

" I want to be the first female leader of the Chaotics when I grow up."

" Oh really now?" And I sat down onto the ground, with my legs crossed, for her to imitate me.

" Yes, really now. So, that's why I'm asking you, because I need to be informed, and like, learn how to handle intruders."

" Simple, you kill them." I shrugged nonchalantly, receiving a small gasp from her side.

" What, no questions asked, no last wishes, nothing?"

" No."

" You do realize we're just as bad as the bureaucrats, right? Maybe they're seeking sanctuary, or, they want to join us, or maybe they have a family that they need to go back to, or even a child to feed," A frown creased her little forehead, as she grimaced upon all the different possibilities.

" Don't sweat it, kiddo, you still have a lot of time to learn about how wrong the world is." I rose from my sitting position, offering her a hand, which she pushed away, lifting herself up, and dusting her clothes.

" I don't want to learn about how wrong the world is, I want to learn how to make it right."

And yeah, I smiled a bit at that, because she was so innocent, so unknowing, and I envied her for that.

" You're a smart one, kiddo, take care of yourself out there." I ruffled her hair, before walking away.

" Does that mean you're going to kill that intruder now?" She yelled from a distance.

" Who said anything about killing the intruder?"

" But you said-"

" Go home, Raine, and don't rush things." I heard her groan traveling through the cold air, as I chuckled to myself, feeling a tad bit less alone in the world of the heartless.

_____________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys :)

So, this story isn't receiving as many reads as I had hoped for it, but I still want to update for those who care enough to read, vote, or maybe even leave a comment, so here is your chapter.

I'll attach a picture of Raine to the side, so you can picture her :)

And please continue to read, vote and preferably comment because it keeps me motivated and makes my day.

ily x