3. "She's gone now, Liam."

Autumn

" He seemed out of it. He didn't respond, nor did he stand up for himself the way we expected him to. He stood there, taking whatever I threw at him, without revealing any reaction." Niall; one of our best soldiers, and the spy we sent to the chaotics, explained.

" Good. That's good." I noted, nodding my head in thought.

" How is that good?" Liam; my twin brother, who was nothing remotely like me, questioned.

" This means we're inside his head. Mind games are crucial when it comes to destroying someone. The mind is their own chamber of secrets, and once you're in, that's it, they can't get you out."

" Nobody said anything about destroying him, Autumn. We're ordered to take him out, nothing more, nothing less."

" If we are to imprison one of the biggest heads of the Chaotics, imagine the information we can slowly, painfully, extract from him. We'll dry him out, and then, we can kill him."

This was something I was trained to do; torture.

At first, it used to be hard, impossible even, but with time, the screams didn't faze me as much, nor did the pleas. In fact, it all strengthened me, fed my thirst for pain, so I pushed further, got more creative, until I became the enemy's worst nightmare. Liam, on the other hand, was more of a typical task doer. He'd kill the target, and he'd do it brilliantly, but that would be it. He didn't enjoy my original work, and he didn't have to. Dad, or David, as everybody called him, encouraged my techniques. I always felt the need to prove myself to him, being the only girl in leadership, and the one who was there when those men viciously murdered mum, I could never be strong enough, or cruel enough, or accurate enough. Something was always wrong, and insufficient. So I went further, beyond all borders and limits, until I had lost all I once was. Sometimes, I couldn't remember why I ever did it anymore. I just did. I tortured, destroyed, and finally, killed. And it had become easy, natural even.

" He's not like the other Chaotics though." Niall interjected.

" How so?"

" He's almost... he's functional. He isn't as robotic, nor as animalistic. If he was, my speech wouldn't have affected him the way it did."

" Lies!" I announced, rising from my seat, beginning to pace the floor.

" No, I've seen it myself, I can tell whether it's an act or not, I've been trained to-" And I pinned him to the wall, my palm covering his mouth to prevent any further words of deception from escaping.

" You were trained, to obey. Not think. Not see. Nothing, but blind following, you hear me? I will not allow any talking about any goodness in these criminal Chaotics. They are evil. They are to be mercilessly slaughtered. Am I fucking clear?" He aggressively nodded, just as I felt Liam's hands on my arms, tenderly pulling me away. I let him collide to the ground, before releasing a long sigh, attempting to tame my blind rage.

" Get ready because you're going back in." I announced.

" Wh-what? They'll kill me!" Niall challenged. I tilted my head backwards, and I could have sworn, all I could see at that moment, was red.

" Don't test me, Horan. You've been warned." I said, through gritted teeth. Liam stood between us both, laying a soothing hand onto Niall's chest, before turning his gaze towards me.

" Autumn, they declared him as an intruder, if he goes anywhere near their borders, he'll be shot before he gets anywhere near the leadership. He'll get killed, Autumn-"

" So be it. We'll send another one, and another one. We'll send the whole fucking population if that's what it takes for us to destroy them. I don't give a shit."

" Niall, will you give us a moment please?" The enraged, slightly, terrified Niall nodded, walking away.

" Don't lecture me, Liam, or so help me God,"

" What the hell happened to you, Autumn? You used to think, before blindly following dad's orders! You used to- fuck, you used to be human." And I didn't know why, but a bitter laugh went past my lips, as I shook my head to myself. He couldn't be serious.

" Human? Humans fail. Humans die. Humans feel and are therefore easily diminished. Humans are indecisive and confused. Humans suck ass, Liam, that's why they're almost extinct, and we're taking over the world. Humans are now either broken, dying, or like me, inhuman, as you'd put it. Either you're with us or against us, there's no in between. No grey in this fucked up world. You're either good or you're not." 

" Oh and you are?! You honestly believe in this bullshit you're saying, Autumn, or are those words you tell yourself to help you through the night?" Liam's eyes widened in rage, before he recomposed himself, fisting and unfisting his paling hands.

" Look, I am not against dad, and I'm certainly not against you, I just- I can't lose you too, okay? I want my sister back, Autumn, because, well, because I miss her I guess." I took small steps towards him, feeling something arousing within me, something that I had been burying for years now. I took his tired face into my hands, caressing his cheeks tenderly, before leaning in, and planting a peck on his cheek. He sighed in content. He thought he was in. He thought he had gotten through to me.

" She's gone now, Liam. I'm sorry." I whispered, walking away, without a second glance. Second glances were a form of regret. And regret was useless. And I didn't do useless.

____________________________________________________

A/N: First chapter from Autumn's pov, and I introduced Liam and Niall, what did you think?

please vote and comment and I'll dedicate the next chapter to you :)

ily x