Chapter 13: Like Father Like Son

Arceus's point of view:

It has been 2 months since those idiots tried something fishy. I graduated from High School just a couple of weeks ago and now I can spend more time with my family. Though the same question always came into my mind. What are Shade's powers?

It could be from either of us. But I just don't know if he was more like me rather than appearance. Or was like Light in her abilities. I just can't put my finger on it. But I shouldn't worry so much since we have a lot to live for. After all today is a new day.

Light's point of view:

I woke up from a strange dream that I had last night. A spirit came from the heavens and told me of a great legacy. It said that Shade was going to hold great powers and a very high chance having a good life. I asked if it knew more about his life years later. And it said Shade was going to have a sister 1 year from now. O.o

After that it disappeared and that's when I woke up.

I look at my side and Shade was giggling about something. So I stand up, get dressed, pick up Shade and head for the kitchen. On the way there I couldn't stop thinking about that spirit that visited last night. And I certainly can't believe me having a daughter!

When I got there Chibi, Ammy and Arceus were talking about something. Ammy looked at me and signaled me to come join the conversation. I walked to them and they greeted me with a good morning.

"Light have you been getting strange dreams by any chance?" Chibi asked.

"Now that you mention it yes I have." I said.

"If you two have been getting those dreams I suggest listening to the dreams. Because I can assure you they are true." Ammy said in a serious tone.

So that means that I'm going to have a DAUGHTER!!!! Why does this keep happening to me?! And on that note I was freaking out on the outside. Plus my facial expression was depressed.

Arceus noticed me and looked at me confused.

"Are you ok Light?" Arceus asked.

I eventually snapped out of it and looked at him. "Yeah I'm fine, just thinking." I answered.

Chibi and Ammy had to leave for a report back home. Now I was left with Arceus and Shade. Though I like staying with my baby and the love of my life, so far what happened I really need to think. We finished breakfast and headed off to the garden to talk about last night's dream.

When we got there we sat down on a stone bench.

"Arceus we need to talk." I said as he turned his head to face me.

"Is it about the dream you had?" Arceus asked.

I nodded. "In the dream a spirit visited and it said that Shade would have unbelievable powers and a good life." I said as my heart beats faster.

"Well that's good. But there's more isn't it?" Arceus asked.

"..." I stayed silent and avoided eye contact. I just couldn't say it to him, it was hard for me and I don't know how to tell him.

Then I was pulled into his arms as tears fell down my face.

"You don't have to say it if you don't want to. As long as I'm with you everything will be alright I promise." Arceus said brushing my tears away.

"No. You have the right to know as much as I did." I said feeling a little better.

Arceus smiled at me and it made me feel better. I sighed and looked at him blushing like a tomato.

"A year from now were going to have a daughter." I said twiddling with my fingers and laughing nervously.

Arceus blushed and started rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment.

"Its not bad news. But I guess now Shade won't play alone anymore." Arceus said.

"Yeah I guess so." I said smiling.

"Hear that Shade your going to have a baby sister soon." Arceus said to Shade who was in my arms giggling.

I am glad I told him. He's never been this happy ever since I told him I was having Shade. And Shade has always been happy about something, but I just don't know what. But I guess its just because he has a lot of energy like any other normal baby.

We came back into the temple and Arceus started playing with Shade like usual. Now that Shade can crawl around and is trying to talk. While I take a brake and paint.

In just a little while I painted Arceus as he was holding Shade. A father son moment if I say so myself.

"Daddy. Mommy." Shade said.

"You spoke! That's so cute!" I said happily.

"Talk about timing especially at such a young age." Arceus said.

"Your pretty much right. Usually it would take a year or two for him to talk." I said.

"Not exactly. My dad used to say I talked when I was at least the same age as Shade." Arceus said.

"Like father like son." I said as I felt something pull my hair.

When I look it was Shade playing with my hair again. But he let go when he found my tail and tried to catch it. I smiled he is going to be quite the adventurer when he grows up. Eventually I picked him up and he fell asleep in my arms.

And when I look Arceus fell asleep on my lap. Probably tired out from playing with Shade. They both look like angels when they sleep.

"Like father like son indeed." I whispered to myself trying not to wake up both of them.

"I love you guys." I whispered as I gave both of them a kiss on the forehead.