Chapter 24

"Who is it?" Em's voice asked from the other side of the door.

"It's me, Bridget."

The door was flung open. Em walked out and wrapped me up into a hug.

"Oh, Bridget! Again, thank you so much for what you did for me! I'm doing so much better ever since I broke up with that loser Chris! I just feel so much lighter now! But enough about me. How are you? Your eyes are puffy and red. I guess you're not feeling the best?"

"Well, considering that I was just almost murdered by your ex, broke up with the love of my life, and, oh yeah, just found out that I have a dead sister, I would probably say that I'm not feeling the best."

"Wait, what?!? Start from the beginning," she commanded.

I told her about every little thing that had happened that she missed.

"Chris threatened to kill you?!?" she yelled.

"Yeah, he ended up slightly stabbing me in the arm."

I turned around so she could see my normal-looking cut. Em gasped. I answered the rest of her many many questions.

Then Em said, "You know how I told you that I would somehow repay you for saving me from Chris?"

"Yeah..." I cautiously remarked, excited yet nervous to hear her gift idea.

"Well, I just thought of something! Let's go."

I followed her out the house and down the street. She stopped me when we reached Oakland Country Club.

"We are getting memberships here, on me, of course!" Em informed me.

We walked up to the desk and went through the long process to become a member. But it was so worth it. There were at least ten tennis courts, three different pools, an indoor center with games, food, and drinks, and so much more. I was extremely happy.

"Thank you so much, Em!" I squealed, bouncing up and down.

"No problem," Em responded. "Do you want to go in the po... There's Wes!"

She gestured towards the cute blonde guy.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Go get him!" I excitedly exclaimed, pushing her in his direction.

She walked towards him, giving me a nervous smile behind her back. I gave her a small thumbs up. Em started talking to him. I watched for a little bit, but then figured that I was being stalker-ish and headed to the pool.

I walked to the edge of the pool and looked over at the serene blue water. I sucked in my breath and, unsure of what may lie ahead, jumped.