THE MESS UP

We all froze in place "He's....he's here?" I asked "Yes he's downstairs" she whispered "I'll go" Vince said.

"Vince no" I said "He needs to leave you alone Jade" he said. Alina knew something was up "Guys, why are you treating this situation like something really serious?" Alina asked.

I looked at my brother and he just nodded "Okay, listen Alina....the reason why we've been acting weird about this whole situation is because...." I couldn't finish.

I mean what if I told her I was a cyborg, she wouldn't want to be my friend anymore....I looked at my brother, it looked like he could read my mind.

"What my sister is trying to tell you is that the only reason why Mr.Chandler has been chasing her around is because he has a crush on her.....he confessed to her a few days ago" Vince explained.

I stared at him in awe, he shrugged his shoulders "What!?" Alina exclaimed "It's true" I spoke up. And it was the truth, well....that's a part of the truth.

"Jade, you can get this off your shoulders by telling the school principal, he'll take care of it" she said "But Mr.Chandler knows my parents and he'll tell them" I tried to explain.

"That's good, they'll help too" she said "It's not easy, if my parents know Mr.Chandler has a crush on me they'll make us move away from here" I said.

"Oh" she sighed "Alright I'll help distract him and you guys can sneak out of the window" she explained.

"Alina, we can go through the back door you know?" Vince said "Sorry, just wanted to make it more dramatic" she smiled.

"Okay go!" She whispered and ran downstairs. I turned to my brother "Good cover-up" he said, I smiled.

"Thanks, you too" I punched him lightly "C'mon" he said and ran downstairs while I followed. We creeped around the corner at the end.

We were close to the kitchen now......one more hallway and we reach the back door. We finally got there and tried opening it but it was locked.

"Unlock it" I whispered "I'm trying!" Vince whispered back "Oh really you're coming inside Mr.Chandler" we heard Alina emphasise the sentence so that we could hear.

"He's coming inside!" I whispered and shoved my brother against the door. We fell out of the door rolling on Alina's back porch and and bringing down all of her cleaning supplies.

Great. I sat up and saw Mr.Chandler and Alina staring at us like some animals at the fair just disobeyed their owners "Jade, Vince!" Mr.Chandler yelled.

He turned back to Alina "I thought you said they went home?" He asked her. She shrugged "Dang it" Vince said

"So what, I didn't go to your stupid tutoring, it doesn't mean you can follow me and my friend to her house!" I yelled frustrated. This whole situation was stressing me out.

"Jade it wasn't optional though" Mr.Chandler said "I don't care, I won't go through with you following me around just to hear that I have to go to your tutoring!" I yelled back.

I couldn't hold it anymore, I was really annoyed "Why me?" I asked standing up "Why do we have to go through this" I stared at my brother.

"Jade...calm down" Vince said "I'm tired of this.....soulmate thing!" I yelled "I just want you away from me and my mom!" I yelled.

I walked inside and locked myself in the restroom, crying.
A few seconds later my brother knocked on the door "Let me in sis" he whispered.

I opened the door and let him close it "I can't fight against it" I said "What do you mean?" He asked "Every time I'm near him, I feel...weird" I whispered. I couldn't explain how it felt.

"Even If I tried I couldn't win this battle" I said "But if I do follow my heart then it's wrong because he's like....an uncle to us" I said.

He did care for us like one....."Dad told me that since he was born, the soulmates were switched for everyone because they thought one was born dead" Vince said.

"What do you mean?" I asked "Dad had another soul mate, her name was Carolina, and she was premature when she was born. Every cyborg is assigned to someone else when they're born" he began.

"They thought she didn't make it because she was born before time and grandma Angelina was still pregnant with dad" he continued.

"What about mom?" I asked "At that time her parents didn't even exist yet" he said "So since they thought she didn't make it, they switched it to 106 years later" he said.

"106 years later?" I asked again "It took a while for them to assign everyone" he began "Wow, so dad waited that long?" I asked.

"Yeah, so one day someone decided to mess with people's destiny and now we're here" he ended. I stared at the door for a second.

"Can we fix it?" I asked "I'm not getting in trouble for trying to break in the Teráns lair" Vince said "It's dangerous isn't it?" I asked.

"Yeah" he said "That's the right place for us" I arched an eyebrow "It's also a good place for us to be grounded for eternity are you crazy!?" He exclaimed.

"You're right" I said "Let's go" he said getting up "Where?" I asked taking his hand "I'm not missing that party just for a mess up c'mon" he yelled and we both ran out to get Alina and Mr.Chandler.

I'm going to forget it tonight and I sure hope Mr.Chandler does the same....