SECRET PLAN

James and me got out of the car "What's the catch?" I turned back to my uncle but he wasn't in the car anymore, he was nowhere to be found.

I turned to James "Where'd my uncle go?" I asked "He's not there?" He said peeking through the glass "No..." I said "Let's look for him" James grabbed my hand and walked to the other side of the car.

We looked all around but there was no sign not even an alert. "Okay there is a tiny whole through those bushes, I'll go look in there...stay here Jade and if I don't come back in 15 minutes run back to the car please" he told me as if I were a little child.

I nodded and kissed him "Be safe" I whispered. He smiled widely and left. I started counting those fifteen minutes.

I heard someone running towards me, at a high speed. Crap! What do I do? It's only been 4 minutes. I didn't think twice until I went running towards the tiny whole.

And as I kept running something grabbed me from behind and yanked me towards my left, on top of me was....Joseph.

I screamed out loud so that James or my uncle could hear me. Joseph tried to shush me but I screamed again before he covered my mouth.

He pulled me up but I fought back. I bit his hand which made him let go of me and I ran away from him.

"JAMES!!!" I called out but no answer. Behind me was Joseph.
And in my mind this soft voice spoke to me "If there is danger you can't escape, you fight!" I heard my fathers voice.

Right, then I have to fight otherwise he'll keep chasing after me. So I turned around and waited for him to catch up until I kicked his chest, flinging him towards a tree trunk.

"Stay away from me!" I yelled as he got up "Why'd you do that" he laughed, wiping away the blood from his mouth "What the heck do you want?" I asked grabbing a tree branch for a weapon, smart right?(sarcasm)

"I came for what's mine" he smiled. I relaxed and dropped the branch "Why the hell do you always have to ruin the day for us?" I said in a mad tone.

"You're always chasing after someone who clearly doesn't want you, I'm definitely not into you, my mom wasn't either so why keep bothering?" I sighed.

"Because I love you" he said "You're in love with the rage you have against us Hathaway's" I corrected "That's not true" he protested "You're obsession has brought you to this horrible human being" I said.

He pursed his lips "Okay....a horrible cyborg-being" I corrected again "Did I upset you love?" He asked "Don't call me that, stop flipping following me!" I snapped.

"I just want to be close to you Jade" he smiled. I felt bad for him at that moment he acts like he has no one to care for but us, mom and me...

And since my mom isn't here, he's after me "Joseph, what's wrong with you?" I asked in a sincere voice.

"I love you, you drive me crazy" he replied. I was tired of all this "What can I do to make you leave me and the Hathaway's alone, in peace?" I asked.

He stood quiet for a minute then I saw a smile cross his face "Marry me" he said "What!?" I asked. Heck no, great...

"Marry me and I won't bother your mother or your family as long as you're with me I'm fine" he said.

"You already know I won't accept that" I crossed my arms "Listen..." He began. "If you marry me, I won't bother your family anymore and...." He paused.

"And what?" I was mad now "And I'll stop myself from killing your grandparents, leaving your father the next ruler for the Hathaway's and then I'll go after him as well" he said. I couldn't let that happen.

"You wouldn't dare!" I screamed "Oh but sweetie, I will" he laughed "I hate you!" I yelled and started crying. Why does he always get his way.

"What if they're already informed about your plans?" I said "They're not otherwise they would be here by now" he smiled.

I sighed "Don't accept my deal and your brother and mother will be added to the list as well, and I don't know maybe your beloved James will too" he laughed "Why are you doing this to me?" I sobbed.

"Because I love you, I already told you, so deal or no deal?" He asked. He walked towards me and started circling around me slowly.

"This is your last chance Jade" he said. I had no choice, if I say no all of my family is in danger and if I say yes, James and me won't be happy.....

"Okay then goodbye Jade" he said "WAIT" I called out to him "Yes?" He turned around "I...." I whispered.

I'm so sorry James, mom and dad, Vince and everyone else... "I accept your deal" I winced at my own words "You accept to marry me...." He said.

"Yes" I repeated "Oh Jade you don't know how happy I am" he an smiled widely taking my hands in his.

"But we gotta tell your family" he said "I know" I said sarcastically. That's going to be the worst part. "I promise you'll fall in love with me" he said and started walking.

He had my hand so I had to follow him "And how long is this deal for?" I asked "Until one of us die" he said "How....romantic" I laughed sarcastically again.

He turned around and forced me to kiss him. I tried to fight back but he was too strong for me "Jade!" I heard someone scream.

Joseph let go and I turned around to see James and my uncle "James, I can explain!" I said "Rick?" James turned to my uncle.

"I'm sure she does have an explanation" he said "Okay then what is it?" He turned to look at me.

"If you speak you know what happens Jade" Joseph said behind me "What happens if she speaks?" My uncle asked, clearly pissed off.

"SHE'S GOING TO MARRY ME RICK" Joseph yelled "Why!" Rick said "Because she wants to" Joseph whispered "What did he do to you Jade?" Rick asked me.

"He threatened me but please don't tell my parents about this" I begged "JADE" Joseph screamed at me.

"Look trust me it's for a good reason" I continued "Jade, why" James looked at me "Look I have to" I looked at him, a tear running down his cheek.

I turned back to Joseph "Can I at least say goodbye to him?" I asked him "Make it quick" he said. I ran towards James "It's just for little while, I have a plan" I whispered as I hugged him.

"I'll wait for you" he whispered back "Goodbye, for now" I smiled and turned towards my uncle "I'll see you later" I said "Careful" my uncle said, he knows what my plan is.

I walked back towards Joseph and looked back at James. "C'mon we gotta get a ring" Joseph said.

And I left with him...