Chapter 12 - Could It Be?

Chapter 12: Could It Be?

I was waiting for Nick at the bench near the building. I was wearing a green shirt and my white hoodie on. Jeggings and my grey boots.

I heard my cellphone ring. I pressed answer.

"Hello?" I held my phone against my ear.

"Hey, it's Nick" he said through the phone.

"Hey"

"So, change of plans... Someone else is going to pick you up"

"What? Who? Why? When? Where?" I asked him.

"Just wait for him there" the line went dead.

Just then, a Mustang pulled over in front of me. It was black in color. I loved it.

The guy on the driver's seat went out of the Mustang. It was Max. He stood in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned him.

"Well, I'm the one who's going to take you to the studio" he answered.

"Oh... Okay" I stood up and went to sit on the passenger's seat. He opened the door for me and I thanked him whole heartedly.

We were on our way to the studio. The ride was silent. It was not an awkward silence though. It was a peaceful silence. Max turned the radio up. The song was 'Breakeven' by The Script. I was enjoying the song while admiring the buildings of New York.

We just arrived at the studio. We saw Nick, DKarp, Beau and Daniel already chilling on the 1st floor.

They greeted Max and I like "Hey", "You're here", "Welcome to our new studio"

"Hey baby" Max greeted everyone. We looked around the 1st floor. It looks like a hangout place. There's a couch, TV, some arcade games, chips.

We all went to the 2nd floor. It was the recording studio. We went inside. There were drums, guitars, a piano and microphones everywhere. I was just so amazed. I've never been in a recording studio before.

Nick started shouting "Pizza's here" Everyone screamed and shouted in excitement like monkeys. I giggled at their reactions. I waited for everyone to go down. When they were all gone, I sat on the bench of the piano and started playing 'Fur Elise' I always play that to exercise my fingers.

I heard clapping from behind me. I got up quickly and stood straight. I saw Max, leaning against the wall.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to play. I just thought that the piano was letting me play" I apologized.

"No... It's okay for you to play. You can play it anytime you want... You're amazing" he smiled at me.

"Thank you" I smiled back.

"We better go down. The Babes might finish the pizza and nothing will be left for us" he said.

He opened the door for me.

When he turned the doorknob. It didn't budge. He tried to turn it again.

"Oh no... Oh no... This can't be good" he was still trying to open the door.

"What is?" I was starting to get nervous.

"We're locked here" he said slowly. He let go of the knob and sat on the floor, leaned against the wall.

I groaned and went to the corner of the recording studio. I found a chair and sat on it. I tried to call Nick but you can't get a signal from here.

I plugged my earphones to my IPod and listened to 'When I Was Your Man' by Bruno Mars. I needed to listen to music so I could calm down.

Max was just sitting on the floor, staring. I removed my jacket because it was getting really hot. I was starting to calm down because of the music that soothes me.

"Marie?" I saw Max slowly stood up and sat down beside me. I took my earphones out of my ears.

"How did you know my second name?" I was so confused. I never told him my second name.

Instead of answering my question, he removed his jacket and showed me his wrist. A bracelet was wrapped around it. It was the friendship bracelet that Maxwell promised never to take it off.

"Maxwell?" I said. Max and Maxwell was just one person. "How did you know it was me?"

"I saw your bracelet when you took off your jacket" he said. Tears were flooding my eyes.

"Oh My Gosh! I can't believe its you" I said while tears went running down my cheaks. He wipped my tears with his thumb.

"I missed you so much, Marie" he hugged me. "Me too Maxwell"

"What happened to you? I mean, you had braces and glasses before I left California" he released me.

"Well, my mom told me to have a conplete makeover. I can't say 'No' to my mom" I giggled.

"Wow, you really didn't change much. I mean you're apearance changed but the things you do are are still the same... Like, you always wear a jacket, you're still shy and you still have those gorgeous eyes" he grinned at me.

"Thank you" I'm really not a blusher. I just smile at every complement I get.

"It has been 7 years. I never thought I'll see you again. When you left, the rest of my days were much more miserable. I just wish I said my last goodbye to you. You left just like that" Tears started to run down my cheaks again.

"I'm so so sorry Marie. Please forgive me. Everynight, I think of you. I never forgot you. I never took off my our friendship bracelet. It always reminds me of you when I look at it" he hugged me again.

"Of course I'll forgive you Maxwell" we smiled at each other.

"You didn't change at all. Your laugh, your looks, even how sweet you are. You are still the Maxwell I know" I told him. He just chuckled.

We saw DKarp running up the stairs. "Karp, Karp, open the door" We were shouting like animals trapped in a cage.

"Thank you Karp... I thought I'll never be able to get out of there" Max hugged him.

"Oh okay" DKarp said. "I just came to get my jacket.... Oh, there it is" he picked his jacket up from the chair.

I was so glad to feel the cold breeze again. I'd never thought I would miss it that much.

"Is there more pizza left?" Max asked DKarp while going down stairs.

"Yup. We left some" DKarp said with a grin. I was eating pizza while talking to Beau and Durston.

Max took me home in his Mustang.I thanked him for the ride.

Never thought having friends was amazing. I think I love my life.

____________________

Yo!!

If you're a Schneider Monkey, follow @MaxSFan08 on twitter.

I'll update within this week.

Max Schneider's cover of 'Breakeven' by The Script is on the right.

Check it out..

Bye baby!!

-Dani