Chapter 19 - Party

Chapter 19: Party

"Jason and Taylor" Ms. Miller called out. It was our turn to present our dance.

We went to our positions and signaled Ms. Miller to play the song. We started dancing. We moved in coordination. We gave all we've got.

We finished with a pose. Our backs are leaned against each other and our arms were crossed over our chests.

Everyone clapped and cheered which made me so happy. It's my first time to dance in front of more than 3 people. I mean, I'm really shy, but Max helped me overcome that. He's just the best. I'm glad he's my friend.

"Wow Taylor!" Amanda said "You dance real good"

"Thank you" I grinned at her.

"Hey, you wanna hangout after class?" she asked me.

"Yah, Sure" I said. I sat down beside her and watched other students perform.

**********

"So where are we going?" I asked Amanda. We just finished class and walked down the sidewalk.

"Mall" she said. We're crossing the street then entered the mall.

"Do you like shopping?" Amanda asked, looking at me.

"Not really" I looked away.

"Come on" she pulled me, held me on my wrist and ran to the store. She looked for some dresses over the clothes rack.

She removed a blue cocktail dress from the clothes rack. "Here" she gave me the dress "Try it on then show it to me"

"I'm sorry, I don't like dresses" I said. "Try this on please. Just try it on" she pleaded.

"Okay" I finally gave in. I went to the dressing room and tried the dress on. I went out for Amanda to see.

"Oh...My...Gosh... Taylor! You look totally amazing in that dress! It really brings out your eyes!" she looked to her left "We'll take that" she told the saleslady.

I changed into my clothes and gave the dress to the saleslady. Amanda looked for something in her bag. I took my wallet from my pocket. I saw Amanda was already at the cash register.

"I'll pay" I went to her. "No, it's okay. I got it for you" she gave the money to the cashier. She smiled at me, figuring she'd won. I got to repay her sometime.

Amanda ran and pulled me again "Come on" we hurried out and went to the next store. It was a shoe store. I looked around for some rubber shoes but there was none. Only high heels were there. Amanda handed me blue high heels. It perfectly matches the dress we just bought.

"Try these on. I'm sure it will look good on you" she said. I slipped my feet through them. I tried to keep my balance. This is my first time to wear heels.

"Woah" I almost fell. "Easy there, you'll get the hang of it" she held me on my shoulder.

I walked to the other side of the store slowly. Almost fell lots of times, but eventually got it. I feel taller.

"It really looks good on you. We'll take it" Amanda smiled.

I removed the heels and wore mine. We both went to the counter. As I was getting my wallet, Amanda had already paid for the heels.

"Amanda, It's okay. I can pay for it" I told her.

"Just let me" she said.

We went out of the mall. Amanda wanted to go with me to my apartment.

"Thanks for everything, Amanda" I hugged her.

"Welcome" we released each other. We went in front of my apartment door.