Chapter 14 - Signs

Chapter 14: Signs

Ever since that night happened, Max keeps on winking at me, inviting me to come over his house, saying more sweet things like "You look so gorgeous" or "I'm the luckiest person because I met you"... It didn't bother me at all. I just thought that was his way of apriciating his friends.

There was also one time that we were going down the stairs. I tripped on something and Max caught me with his strong arms. Our faces were just an inch from each other. I looked straight into his dark brown eyes.

I felt something burning down my cheeks. Oh no!! I was blushing. I never blushed in my entire life. No! No! This shouldn't be happening!

I covered my face with my hands. I was so shy. I didn't want anyone to know that I started blushing.

I was able to get my balance right again. I thanked Max for catching me. He just chuckled and said "No prob". I smiled at him and continued walking down the stairs.

Max and I decided to have a long walk. I just love long walks. It's peaceful, making you admire the surroundings and stuff.

Max phone began ringing. "Aren't you going to answer that?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well, the truth is, I don't want to destroy this moment with you" he answered truthfully.

"Just answer it. I'm just going to sit on that bench over there" I said. I sat on the bench and just looked at my surroundings.

Just then, a handsome man sat down beside me. He wore a pair of pants, a nice shirt and rubber shoes. To tell you, he looked good.

"Hey there beautiful" the stranger said. I blushed. No!

"Well, someone's a blusher" he said teasingly. "Stop it, you make me blush even more" I said.

I heard someone say, "Hey you! She's mine. Now get lost!" I turned around to see who said that. It was Max. The stranger left running away. Max sat down beside me.

"I'm sorry I called you mine. The guy was checking you out. And I also hate the way he looks at you" Max explained.

"It's okay. Besides, you're also mine. You're MY friend" I smiled at him. He stared blankly at the ground. What happened to him?

"Max?" I said. He shook his head, going back to reality. "Oh sorry, so you wanna continue our walk?" Max asked.

"Sure" We stood up and continued strolling down the sidewalk. "So who called you?" A grin on my face. "It was my mom, just saying 'hi'" he honestly said. We continued talking, laughing, asking, the rest of the day.

**********

{Max's POV}

"Good night!" I said. We just finished our long walk. It was fun.

"Good night Max" Taylor said in reply. She closed her apartment door. I sighed and went to my apartment. I took my phone and called Beau. I layed down on the couch while waiting for Beau to pick up.

{A/N: M for Max... B for Beau}

B: "Hey Max, What's up?"

M: "She doesn't understand"

B: "Who's she? Taylor?"

M: "Yes... I started flirting. But she doesn't get it"

B: "Continue"

M: "Earlier, I said she was mine. But she just said I was also hers. I was just her friend"

B: "Oohhh... Friendzone"

M: "Dude, I really, really like her. I just hope she understands me"

__________________

Hey baby!!

Schneider Monkeys in the house!!!

3 days guys... 3 days....

We are NOTHING WITHOUT LOVE!!

Max's cover of 'When I Was Your Man' by Bruno Mars on the right

Check it out!!

-Dani

XD