Chapter 18 - Feelings

Chapter 18: Feelings

Jason was coming here today. I got up, took a nice long hot shower, blow dried my hair, brushed my teeth and dressed up.

I wore my blue long sleeved top, black leggings and my blue high cut Converse shoes, matching my shirt. Jason will be here in a couple of minutes, so I prepared the things we need for our practice. I made sure my house was clean and everything was in order. I moved the couch back so we could have space to dance.

I heard a knock on my door. I looked at myself in the mirror, fixed my clothes and ran to the door. I gently opened the door.

"Hey Taylor" he greeted. "Hey Jason. Come in" I beckoned him inside and closed the door.

"Nice place" he said. "Thank you" I grinned at him.

"Let's start?" he asked.

"Let's do it" I started the music.

**********

We were done but 1 last practice was needed. Our dance moves were awesome. I loved it and I was so excited to perform it on Monday.

The song finshed. I smiled at Jason. He smiled back and sat on the couch. I drank water and wiped my sweat. The next song on the playlist was for a prom dance. Jason walked in front of me, taking his hand out.

"Wanna dance?" he grinned.

"Sorry, but I don't know how to waltz" I said.

"Come on, I'll teach you" he conviced me. I took his hand and stood up. He guided my hand on his shoulder. His hand on my waist. And our free hands were up at the side. Jason taught me the foot steps and the timing. I stepped on his foot a lot of times and I was truly sorry for that. Later on, I got the hang of it. We danced around the living room.

My door opened. I forgot to lock it. It was Max. Jason and I froze.

"Hey Tay-" he cutted himself off. His face broke, from a smile to a frown, when he saw Jason and I holding hands, close to each other. He was so shocked at us. Max ran out and went into his apartment. I let go of Jason and quickly followed.

"Max!" I called out. He didn't turn turn around, he continued walking.

"Max!" I said one more time. He stopped but he didn't turn around.

"Why did you leave?" I asked. "What happened?" I added.

"You're both holding each other. It's like you guys were about to kiss" he said.

"Jason was just teaching me waltz. That's not a big deal" I said.

"Yes it is Taylor" his voice broke.

"Why?" I questioned him.

"Cuz' I'm jealous okay?" he turned around, his eyes were teary.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What? Jealous? We're not even together. You and I are just fr-" I was trailed off. I felt warm lips on mine. Max kissed me. But I didn't kiss back. I just stood there in so much shock. Max pulled away. "I like you Taylor. More than just a friend. I want you to know that. You should've noticed that months ago" he said. You can tell the sincerity in his voice. I didn't say anything in reply, not even a nod. Max ran to his apartment and slammed the door. I was taking everything in. What just happened? I didn't move a single muscle. I just stared at Max's door.

"Taylor?"Jason went to me. I shook my head and went back to reality. "What happened? Did I miss something?"

"Let's go inside" I said. Jason grinned and nodded.

**********

I can't sleep. All because of Max. He liked me? Since when? Why?

I was still up at 5 in the morning. I tried to sleep but my mind won't let me. Flashbacks of last night keeps on repeating in my head.

I tried to listen to music but my mind won't shut up. Even music couldn't help and calm me this time.

I lost my appetite in every meal. I didn't eat at all.

He likes me but do I like him back? As a friend? Yes. More than friends? I don't know.

Why would my lovelife come at this time?

I remembered the times he was so sweet. He said that 'You're so gorgeous' or 'You always make my day'. He always makes me happy. He was my closest friend among The Babes. We spend more time together. Everytime we are not together, I have a feeling like I miss him, even though we live right next to each other.

Did I like him? Maybe... No Taylor, you shouldn't. You're not looking for a boyfriend. It's not in my dictionary.

I should tell Max what I think. We need to talk about this. I want to get this thing out of my head. After that, everything will be back to normal.

**********

I walked out of my apartment. I'm not really sure about this. I slowly went in front of Max's apartment. As I was about to knock, the door opened.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked.

"I saw your shadow" he explained.

I took a deep breath. "We need to talk about what happened Thursday night"

Max also took a deep breath "Okay. Come in"

I went inside and sat on my usual spot in the couch. Max sat down.

I was about to speak. I opened my mouth but Max talked first "I'm really sorry about what happened. I really didn't mean to tell you how I feel. But my jealousy over powered me. I really, really like you. I don't want to break our friendship but I fell for you. I'm sorry. So if you would slap me, I won't get mad. I deserve it"

"I won't slap you Max. You're perfect and you don't deserve that. I want to fix this Max. I didn't sleep for 3 days just thinking about what happened Thursday night. I'll forgive you" I said honestly.

"Thank you Taylor" he hugged me. "I thought you won't"

I just laughed as he released me. "Of course I'll forgive you. You're my best friend" I smiled at him. My smile suddenly changed into a frown. Max noticed this.

"What's wrong?" he was concerned.

"Nothing" I lied.

"Come on, Taylor. Tell me" he pleaded.

"Okay" I gave in "Well, you said you like me. Not only in a friendly way, but also in a romantic way. I'm really sorry because I'm not looking for a boyfriend" I said honestly.

"It's okay Taylor. I understand. But you need to know that I'll wait for you" he looked straight into my eyes.

"Okay" I said. He let me rest my head on his chest. He wrapped his arm around my waist, gently pushing me closer.

I felt relaxed in Max's chest, listening to the nice beating of his heart.

___________________

Hey baby!!

Hope this Chapter is okay...

I really want #NothingWithoutLove to trend!!

I'm in a resort right now

But I'm coming back home today

Next update will be Monday..

I love Nothing Without Love!!

Love ya!!

Bye XD

-Dani