Chapter 3: Awake

Your POV

He towered over me by almost a foot, taller than any creature I've ever known to exist. His large hand remained glued to my face while he occasionally stroked my skin. Lips spreading into a deadly smirk, he revealed glittering white teeth. The puzzle was two elongated K-9's that appeared as fangs, the edges glinting like sharp daggers. He closed his lips, but the smirk remained. Removing his hand from my face, he looked around at the cave we were in. The crystals were dimming out from the lack of magic the mask supplied to them. While the man was distracted I took the opportunity to observe his physical details. Aside from being unnaturally tall and having weird fangs he seemed rather handsome, he almost resembled the Hero, Link. His hair was fashioned about the same, he had basically the same features, minus the markings and white hair, and even the hat. Through the black leggings it was easy to see he was extremely well built, the armor could not have been forged with mortal hands, his movements where graceful despite the outward appearance. I took note of the markings on his chest-plate.

"Where are we?" His voice was deep and mysterious, echoing throughout the cave.

"Um in the castle I-I think, or just below it." My voice sounded quiet compared to his. He replied with a simple 'hmmm' before spotting the stairs. He began walking towards it, but if he goes up there the guards will surely attack. I don't want him to get hurt, or, most likely, them to get killed. I ran over to him and placed my hands on his chest in an attempt to stop him. He stopped, and looked down at me. His stoic expression remained, but he arched one of his white eyebrows. I removed my hands from his stomach. "You can't go up there!"

"Why not?"

"The guards...they'll try to stop you." His smirk grew again.

"They will be no problem."

"No, no! I don't want you to hurt them." His smirk dropped. "I uh mean.. erh-" He suddenly sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Where do you live?" He questioned.

"Why in the name of Din would I tell you that?" I backed away, appalled by his question. 

"Would you rather me stay here?" He sneered at me. I pondered his question. "As you said, you do not wish for me to hurt anyone, so you obviously believe me to be a threat. By that train of thought, it would be much more logical for me to be away from this place." I swallowed. He was right, but I still didn't want to bring this possibly deadly 7ft person into my home. He continued on, "And that is all besides the point that you freed me from that prison...which means I owe a debt to you and you are responsible for me. So..." He leaned down close to my face. I could feel his breath. He made himself all the more intimidating and terrifying. "Where. Do. You. Live?" He repeated his question. 

"I-In the castle, but I have a small hut just outside the forest." I replied quietly. He smirked at m, applauding himself at a job well done. Then closed his eyes for a moment, leaving the room suddenly small and awkward, but opened them soon after. They glowed brightly, illuminating his features with shadows. The scenery around us dissolved, and where the gaps were a new place filled them. Once everything had dissolved I found myself standing in my main room of a small hut. "Wha-?"

"I teleported us, something I was reluctant to do. My powers have weakened," he flexed and clenched his fist to prove a point, "I need to strengthen myself." He looked around at the small space. It wasn't much, but it was something. An open room with fireplace, kitchen, table, seating, and two connecting rooms, my bedroom and a spare. "It's...quaint." I swallowed the lump in my throat rather loudly. 

"I built it myself." I replied, trying to keep myself from freaking out. Is there such thing as being a hostage of your own house? 

"You built it yourself?" He followed close behind me. I looked through the cupboards for a morsel of food. I had a feeling I wasn't going to leave for a while. I'd have to run to the market.