Chapter 13: Found

(*music* Guess who's back? .... back again..) Hello everyone! After a little bit of hiatus, I am glad to announce we're back! Yes! I said WE! As stated before, the lovely lazerblaze564 is writing chapters! WHOOP WHOOP! This is her debue. This chapter was more of a collab. You might be able to notice a bit of a change in writing style. I hope you enjoy! Lazerblaze is an amazing and talented writer. I got a few more announcements at the end, if you wanna check em out. Enjoy the chapter!

Dawn's light peaked in the far reaches of the sky. Inhaling slowly, I drew in a breath from the fresh morning air. It was cool and crisp. The smell of leaves and dirt mixed with the stinging breeze. I smiled and opened my eyes. Dew coated everything in sight: the grass, the ferns, the flower buds, and myself. 

I watched the border of light rise up past the tops of the trees and down to the clearing. I inhaled again, feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin. I could feel each droplet of dew on my skin. I could feel each cool round touch penetrating my body, cooling my bones. I felt the difference in the energies: the warm sun, the cool dew. As I exhaled, I focused on the dew, collecting each drop together. They rolled from my arms, my lashes, my hair, to condense in my palms. I looked at the blue puddles in my hands and how the sky reflected off of them. I felt every drop that there once was in the puddles. I cupped my hands together and lifted them. The puddle glowed gold when it passed into the suns rays. I gently move my hands away. The puddle floated in the air before me, a ball of golden light. 

I inhaled again. I heard birdsong in every direction and the shake of leaves as the breeze moved them. I felt the dew on each blade of grass around me, on each spider web, on each branch. I exhaled and inhaled. I heard water move around me as each dew drop rose into the air. They floated around me in a natural pattern. I looked up at the sky. As my head moved, so did the dew. The droplets and the puddle rose higher and higher. Till they hit the light of the sun and poofed into mist. I smiled to myself. 

"Well done." Terr applauded. "You've progressed far." She hopped down from her perch in the tree in the center of the clearing. I giggled and stepped out of the dew-less circle of grass I made. 

"Thank you. I couldn't do anything without a wonderful teacher." I bowed to show my respect. Terr looked flustered and waved me off. 

"I should be bowing to you, your majesty." Over the past month, Terr and I grew close. I saw her as my mentor. Terr thought it was funny because Aine was her mentor. I objected to being called "highness" or "majesty", but it was a part of Terr's past I couldn't take away. My powers and abilities grew sufficiently as well. Even though I was only at a fraction of my true potential, I learned so much. I surpassed being a mortal. I felt like I had a place among this world of powers, gods, deities, demons, and monsters. 

Terr and I arrived back at her treehouse just before the sun was at it's highest point in the sky. I grabbed the pouch we had been carrying before Terr. 

"Let me cook! You've done so much for me." I kneeled on the ground before the stone center of her hut where the fire couldn't reach the wood platform. Terr looked at me. 

"(Name), you don't have to." 

"Nonsense. I want to!" I emptied the pouch and assessed the ingredients. There were mushrooms, wild carrots, wild potatoes, onion grass, and a bundle of rice. I grabbed a pitcher of water and began cooking. It would take a while before the dish would be fully ready. Terr pulled out a few books from her shelf. She grabbed one and sat criss-crossed floating above the ground. I took half of the mushrooms and ground them to a paste to mix with the water for a makeshift broth. We didn't have any milk, hopefully, the mushroom paste would do. That was a commodity I missed: milk. Oh, how I missed Lon Lon Milk. I missed sitting outside the castle walls watching the sunset with Malon and drinking a glass. I smiled and sighed lightly in nostalgia.