Chapter 23: Reawakened

Majora regained his balance with a grunt. Oni stood a small distance uphill. Behind him rose the very top of (Name)'s prison. Majora scowled at the imagery, refusing that the three goddesses were playing their hands in this. 

Oni's eyes glowed and crackled as the grip on his sword tightened. 

"Where's the honor in fighting an unarmed man?" Majora assessed his chances were better in hand-to-hand combat, or enough to buy him time. Oni dropped his sword on the ground. 

"I have been waiting for a rematch." He growled. 

Majora grinned. With a demonic shriek, he dropped on all fours and charged. Oni met him head on. Majora's giant claws reached around to swipe at Oni's back. They scraped against the metal of his armor creating a piercing screech. Oni stepped aside, leading Majora's charging body straight into the hillside. He grabbed Majora's ankle and yanked him back towards him. The demon reared around, jumping up to his feet. He swiped at the deity, wildly swinging. Oni dodged each attack. He raised his fist and swung, landing a hard blow on the monsters skull. 

Majora grunted and grabbed the side of his head with one hand as he stumbled back. He shoved Oni back with the other. The deity dug his feet into the ground. He glared at Majora and gave a ferocious yell before leaping into the air with fist raised. Oni landed on top of Majora. His rage building as he landed blow after blow to the demon. 

"You... killed... her!" Oni grunted out each word between the collisions of his knuckles against the jaw of the demon under him. Majora's hand raised defensively in front of his face before Oni could make another impact. In a swift counter, he threw his own fist into Oni's side. Oni's footing failed and he stumbled away, clutching the injury. 

"I did not. Hylia did."  Majora grinned, coming to his feet. 

Oni barred his teeth. He lunged at the smug monster. Majora met him head on. 

Link peered over Terr's shoulder as she mumbled her incantation. The base of (Name)'s prison began glowing a blue as the spell grew stronger. Tiny clicks of the glass weakening resounded from the enchanted flames. Her voice resonated from the chamber as she imbued her will to it. The hero turned to the battlefield to observe how the Hylian army was faring against their undying enemies. To his relief, with Zelda's renewed confidence in their plan the soldiers were as unrelenting as the enemy. Link prayed they could maintain that spirit a little while longer. 

"You determine Oni to be unworthy of (Name)." 

Link's head whipped around to Luminite. Her gaze was intense and calculating. He felt his ears brighten under her fixed stare. 

"I-I well.." What was he to say? Luminite raised her brow. "I suppose it is jealousy that drives my feelings." He responded after some thought. 

Link caved to the truth of his anger. He knew that Oni had plenty capability to protect (Name). Though he wanted to be her protector, if she truly was carrying such a power: could he protect her from the evils it would bring? However, he could not fight the desire he felt for her. Luminite took a few steps closer to Link. His eyes moved to her as he saw her approach. 

"If you have no true reason, then let her decide. You are correct in that she had no choice in her destiny. Therefore, let her decide who she wishes to love. She deserves to determine that aspect of her life." 

Link pondered Luminite's words. She was right, and Link knew it. He sighed, sparing (Name) a glance. 

"I know who she will choose." He mutter solemnly.