Chapter 12: Trial 2

Terrixsca forced a ladle between my teeth and tipped it so the liquid it contained would go down my throat without complaint. 

"Sorry, your Highness, but this potion is required to rid your body of the poison. It will be unpleasant." She placed a wooden bowl at the side of my bed and observed me patiently. 

"What do you mean?" Immediately after I said those words my stomach churned and grumbled disapprovingly. It knotted and clenched itself, forcing the contents up my esophagus. I leaned over the bed and looked into the wooden bowl before my throat clenched and bile welled up. Shutting my eyes tight, I vomited my stomach contents. I coughed. Burped. Dry heaved a little. 

"Deep breaths. It's all gone now." Terrixsca patted my hair as I caught my breath. "If there was any other way to rid your body of the poison, I would not resort to this. Please accept my humblest apologies." She looked at me expectantly. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused about what she wanted. 

"You are...forgiven?" I asked, cocking my head to the side. 

"Oh, thank you, your Majesty!" She bounced in place happily. I shook my head to clear it. 

"W-where am I?" I asked those questions for the obvious reason that I didn't know a clue about the person next to me and my location, but I couldn't shake the feeling that this place was familiar. 

"Have you forgotten this place, your Majesty? That is.. inconceivable." Terrixsca looked around the room sadly, her frown putting a dark cover over he boundless energy. "Then you have forgotten me." 

"I'm sorry. I don't-" She turned towards me placing her hands on either of my shoulders and shook me lightly. 

"Look at my face! Tell me that it is not familiar." I looked from her round, doe-like brown eyes to her red hair that curled around itself in tufts to the freckles on her cheeks and the bridge of her nose to her short ears that met in a small pixie point. I looked at all of her face, but I did not recognize it. 

"I'm truly sorry. I don't recognize you." She turned away from me dejectedly. 

"No, I hoped you would remember. This must mean that she is sincerely gone." Terrixsca sighed. Then  shook her head and smiled at me. "You are not who I thought you were, therefore I must get to know the person here even though I am familiar with the person you were before." 

"The person I was before?" I inquired about her statement, but she ignored me and continued on. 

"What do they call you?" She smiled brightly at me, waiting patiently for an answer. I shifted awkwardly in the bed I was laying in. 

"Um... (Name)," I told her. 

"(Name)..." She repeated to ensure correct pronunciation. "That's a lovely name. You are a Hylian, are you not? 

"I am a Hylian, or I guess I was." Terrixsca frowned. "Even though that is my race, I betrayed my people. I'm not a citizen of Hyrule anymore." A long silence passed between us. Terrixsca looked indecisive if she should continue asking about my past. I took the opportunity to ask questions of my own. 

"Where am I?" Terrixsca smiled brightly again, even bigger, if possible. 

"You have forgotten this place! Meaning I can show you this sacred world again! You will love it, your Majesty." She pulled me to my feet and let me regain my balance. I looked at her a realized she was much shorter than me. 

"You are--" 

"Yes, your Highness?" She turned around and looked at me. 

"Nothing. nothing." I shook my head and slowly began to walk. Terrixsca grabbed onto my waist to assist me.