Chapter 14: The Risk of Dreaming

We had decided to stay here for the night before heading out towards Hyrule. They all hate me there... I decided that it was better not to allow those thoughts to plague me more than they already had. I may be labeled anything they want but after receiving the same vision as the princess, I hope she will at least hear my words out. I doubt Impa would... 

"Your Highness, what seems to be troubling you?" Fuzzy orange hair comes into my view as Terr looked at me with a worried expression. I opened my mouth to explain my troubles to her but all that came out was a small laugh at the thing I caught sight of. Among the tangled mess of her hair was a hairbrush that was stuck and given up on. For a moment, Terr seemed bewildered before she realized I was laughing at her. Her cheeks puffed out in embarrassment, a tint of red beginning to set into them as she desperately tried to wrestle the brush from her hair once again. The fact that she was struggling that badly to get a brush out of her hair but is a deity just made me laugh harder than before. After a well-fought battle, she had finally freed herself from the evil spikey clutches of the demon known as the brush. She held the object out to me with an annoyed expression.

"Congratulations, you have defeated the evil from this very treehouse, want a pat on the shoulder?" She seemed to grow tired of my mockery so she dropped the brush on the ground and began to stomp away from me like a child. 

"Ah, I didn't mean it Terr! Come back," She turned back to me before bowing in a deep curtsy and turning back to the door.

"Don't worry your Majesty, I know I would have laughed in the same situation... I wanted to walk through Aine's sacred place one more time before we leave. It may seem a bit strange for you but I have been attached to the place since she passed away," she spoke to me before she opened the door. With a small wave and 'see you before the moon falls' she hopped out the door and continued on her way. Jeez, she could have at least closed the door... I shut it and turned back to the small room before spotting the bed and immediately flopping on it. Today has been a bit too much to handle after living with a cheerful midget deity for a month... I glanced back at the room once again. Green hairbrush... With a few snickers escaping my lips, I gently drifted off to sleep. 

I shuddered lightly. The same haunting nightmare returned. It took me back to that place. That awful place. The dungeon felt the same; the same foul stench, same horrible sounds. I always returned to that place. This time though was different. Instead of being tormented till my own shaking and crying woke me, I was sitting on the floor. No bag over my head, no gag in my mouth, no chains binding my hands, nothing.

"Miss me, (Name)?"

I gasped. My breath lodged in my throat. This time I knew who the voice was.

"Majora..." I uttered its name weakly. The demon chuckled lowly.

"Smart little one, aren't we? You have finally pieced it together then, and now you know who I am."

"What do you want from me?" I shouted into the darkness.

"You're getting stronger (Name). I admit that I did not know what abilities your power would take form in, but I am very, very pleased," My silence seemed to be satisfying enough for him since he decided to continue on with what he wished to say, "though you should know a little Hylian girl like yourself could never amount to the power of a demon such as I, gifts from a past life or not..."

"I wish to make a proposal," he stated as after a short pause, "but before I offer it to you, I would like for you to listen to me as if I were someone you are first learning about. Without the bias of others hatred..."