Chapter 6: Land of Gods

Thanks SOOOO much for 1K! In the comments, tell me what you envisioned you look like for the story or an oc! THANKS SO MUCH

YOUR POV

We rode far beyond the arch in silence. I didn't want to talk much anyway. It was hard to comprehend these trials and the fact that I saw The Maiden and my feelings for Oni. To say I was overwhelmed was an understatement. Oni rode ahead of me, proudly driving his horse. I watched him with interest, the way his shoulders bounced slightly as he rode, the way his eyes would flick ever so often, the way his hair shown in the sun, the way he patted his steed -firmly but gentle at the same time-, the way his hips rocked forward as we trotted along. I realized I was staring at his hips when he looked back at me.  Blushing out of embarrassment of being caught, I looked at something interesting behind us.  The arch, only visible due to its immense size, barely scratching at the horizon. The sun was set just above it, looming over us. Then I looked forward again, regaining the control of the pigmentation of my face. The moon rose in front of us with a paling orange color. It sat big on the horizon. I almost wanted to reach out and grab it. It seemed so close. I looked at my hand, remembering the white glow I saw from the lense. Bringing it to my chest, I clutched the necklace. The voices were swirling, I could hear them. Each one wanted attention. Some were angry, others were excited, a bunch wanted me to give up, but a small few were...ready. Ever since the Maiden spoke to me, I could hear them. I didn't know what or who to listen to.Like I said I was far beyond overwhelmed. 

 We passed through the woods and into another section of land. This section was very rocky. I looked up at the towering mountains. They looked like a wave, about to swallow us whole. The color of the rock seemed very familiar. 

"Wait." I mumbled. Oni turned around, expecting my reason for stopping him. "This is familiar to me." 

"Familiar how?" I glanced around. The rocks surrounding weren't really jagged, it was just protruding from the walls. 

"The color of the rock...I know that color." Oni sighed, rubbing his face. While I gave him a pouty glare, it hit me where I had seen this pattern and color before. My dream. 

"I am sure some rocks in Hyrule have the same tone. Now let's go." He insisted. I refused to move. 

"No, no...I mean I saw this in a dream." Oni paused for a second, looks like that got his attention. 

"What dream?" I shook my head, perhaps the Maiden wanted me to keep quiet. 

"N-nothing, never mind." Oni's flat look made me gulp. 

"What dream?" His voice was lower. I bit my lip, lightly. He leered at me. My head pounded with a splitting pain, I cried out. It felt as if someone put a spike to my head and was splitting it open. I clutched my temples to get a grip on my surroundings, the room just kept spinning. Oni's glowing eyes:  that was all I could focus on. The voices all at once started screaming-- "GET OUT!". It was excruciating.  I didn't know what to do or how to react, all I wanted was relief from this splitting pain. I knew who was causing the pain, and something else began to hurt upon my realization. Oni's eyes stopped glowing, but they were still wide. 

"Wha-what was that?" I breathed once I found my voice. Oni didn't respond he only looked at me with disbelief and mistrust. 'What did you do to me?' was the question I needed to ask, but fear of his answer refrained me. 

"Y-you spoke to her?" He demanded. "You spoke to the Maiden!?" He turned, suddenly quite heated, and muttered something in ancient hylian. Once he collected himself, he answered my previous question. "I apologize for the pain, but I figured you wouldn't be telling me. I read your thoughts." I pulled back some, heat already flowing to my cheeks.