Chapter 10: Imprisoned

My eyes were squeezed shut. I could only hear my breathing. In and out. In and out. It was a rhythm. I focused on it. The rhythm helped. I breathed. I didn't know where I was. I didn't remember anything. But I wasn't anywhere I knew. Well, I'd only known two places, Hyrule and the Land of Gods. This place was neither. I smelled brimstone, that was the first thing I noticed. The pungent aroma entered my nostrils the same time I'd regained consciousness. There was something covering my eyes, and my nose, and my ears, and my mouth, and around my neck. My hands were bound. My body swayed from side to side. I was being moved somewhere. According to the uncomfortable round mass pressing on my gut, I could assume I was slung over someone's shoulder. I could hear the footsteps of the creature carrying me. They were heavy, and it's shoulder was broad, and it reeked. I squirmed and accidentally kicked something fleshy.

"Ey, 'id you kick me?" Something shouted. It's voice was scratchy and unpleasant to listen to.

"How could I? I'm carrying this mortal." This voice was primarily on my right side, the side that was warmer. It sounded muffled, but it was deep and terrifying.

"True, true. Som'thin kicked me though. An' I'm gonna find out- Ow!" I wriggled and kicked the fleshy thing in front of me again. "So it's you that's been kickin' me." Something scaly grabbed my ankle. Claws poked my skin, threatening to pierce it. "Well, how difficult would it be to kick me if your ankle was broke." A squeeze and my ankle began to hurt. I cried out. The thing laughed.

"Quit. Boss said not to hurt her. Remember what happened the last time yah disobeyed him?" There was no pressure on my ankle anymore and no more scaly touch.

"Eh! Don't remind me. Aye still can't move my arm."

"Yeah, because you don't have that arm anymore remember. Boss ripped it off." I inhaled. Whoever I was going to ripped someone's arm off because they disobeyed.

"Oh yeah. Forgot bout that." The monster carrying me mumbled. How did I know it was a monster? I assumed. It definitely wasn't anything from Hyrule. And thinking about all the things that have been happening to me the past couple months. I think it would be alright to assume.

My legs were almost numb, so when whoever was carrying me threw me on the ground I couldn't stand. I attempted to, but my knees wobbled and I collapsed. I still couldn't see or speak, but I could hear. I wished I couldn't. I heard screams, dreadful screams, and chains and whips. I shivered. I could smell, but I wished I couldn't. The air reeked of rot, feces, urine, vomit, fire, burning flesh, and something even more horrible. It hung heavy around me, suffocating me. I gagged. My whole body lurched forward.

"Awww, does the lil' won not like the stench." The shrilly voice mocked me. It laughed. "Well, get used to 't 'cause it's your new home!" It laughed again, high pitched and scratchy enough to make ears bleed.

"Only if she doesn't do as she's told. If she does as Boss tells her, she'll be living like a queen." The one who had carried me spoke. It sounded like a warning. Like he said it not only to remind his partner or whoever was with him, but to threaten me as well. 

"But she already hit meh. Doesn' that count as disobedience." The monster growled menacingly, dragging a sharp claw along my foot. 

"Yeah, I suppose so. I'm sure Boss wouldn't mind if the package arrives a little broken." I trembled in fear. What were they going to do with me. 

"So wah do you wanna do to 'er?" I heard the monsters circling me, heavy footfalls rumbling the stone I sat on followed by the lighter scratch and click of claws. 

"Leave her like this. No sense of direction, sight, no speech, hands bound...What a terrible night she'll have." My gut dropped when I heard his words. Leave me like this all night.