1 My Birthday

I was walking down the road trying to avoid my parents, and remember the date. When it suddenly hit me. Today is April 17, my birthday. I'm turning 14, and Johnny always told me that I would get to meet his gang when I was 14. Suddenly age became another thing to add to the list of things that remind me of Johnny, and make me very sad.

I sat down on the closest bench and began to cry into the palms of my hands. This bench was old and you could hear when someone sat on it. Suddenly I heard that noise, but did not look up not caring weather it be soc or greaser. I felt a hand on my back and heard a person keep saying "It'll be alright. What's wrong?"

I kept crying hoping the person would go away, but they didn't. So I eventually gave in and looked up at them. There was a boy he was about my height actually just a little taller. He had blonde hair that wasn't greased back but was nicely combed out, he had green gray eyes that seemed to calm me down, he looked about 14 to 15, and he was wearing a navy blue t-shirt with light blue worn down jeans. He looked me straight in the eye and asked "What's wrong?"

"Its just that today was supposed t-to b-b-be the d-day I met my..... my...... my brothers gang." I said starting to cry harder. The man wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. I just cried on his shoulder because it felt nice. I had no friends so no one was there to give me an escape excuse from my house I would just aimlessly walk a long the roads of Tulsa.

When I pulled back the man asked me "Why can't you meet then?" That hurt even worse. "Because be is..... well..... no longer with us." I said looking up at the sky but I could see him look down at his shoes.

"I know how you feel I lost two friends in one day." I looked at the boy and for once he fully looked at me. He then jumped up and screamed "Oh geez he told me about you!"