22

Four nights later there was a visitor. Not a physical visitor, but one in my dreams.

"Alyssa?" A woman asked. She was sweet looking. She looked like she died young, around forty years old. There was a man standing behind who looked strangely like Darry.

"Yes, I'm Alyssa. Who are you?" I asked.

"I am Mrs. Curtis and behind me is my husband. We're your boyfriends Mom and Dad." She replied.

"Okay, well do you have a message for me?"

"Yes," Mr. Curtis butted in, "We noticed you met Ponytail."

"Yeah I did, she's a sweet girl."

"Well she is Ponyboy's twin sister. The court wouldn't let Darry keep her because he wouldn't know how to raise a girl. They don't remember each other because they were to young. Sodapop only has small memories of her, and Darry remembers her all to well," Mr. Curtis told me.

"By that he means when Darry had to let go of Ponytail it was the worst day of his life. He loved her. The court took her never told her who her parents were," Mrs. Curtis said while Mr. Curtis put his arm around her, "and never told Darry where they were taking her."

Next thing I knew the white of the room was fading and the two figures were gone as well. I felt myself wake up, but not as fast as I did the other times.

I slowly opened my eyes. I rolled over so I could see Ponytail through the dim moon light that shined through the window.

Ponyboy had once told me that Soda looked like a God as he slept, and I had to admit Ponytail looked like a true Godess. It seemed as if her skin shined and her hair sparkled.

It steadied my breathing knowing that in the morning she would get to meet her family. It was just sad that she would not get to see her parents. My eyes shut again and I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up and grabbed a yellow t-shirt and dark blue jeans. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror and smiled. I was supper excited to see Darry, Soda, and Pony.

Olivia then walked into the bathroom. She looked like a mess. Her hair was knotted and her clothes did not match.
"Olivia, don't you have anyone coming over?"

"Yes, two people might adopt me today."

"Do you want help dressing up?" I asked.

"Please." She begged stretching out the word.

"Okay, let's go," I said smiling and grabbing her hand.

She and I went to her room and I looked in her drawer. I grabbed out a yellow sun dress [pictured above] and gave it to her.

"Put this on and then meet me in the bathroom and I will help you do your hair," I told her. She smiled and nodded as I walked out.

I stood in the bathroom waiting for Olivia. Soon she ran through the door and came to a quick stop right in front of me.

"So let me see what I can do with this beautiful brunette hair." I said brushing it out. I then decided it would look cute in a fish tail braid [pictured above].

I lifted her up so she could look in the mirror and she smiled. "Thank you Alyssa. Thank you so much," she said.

There was then a knock at the door and she rushed out to the living room to meet she potential new family. I walked back into my room and saw Ponytail asleep.

I then sat on top of her and she groaned. "Get up lazy head!" I screamed.

"Okay, I'll get up. Only to meet this boyfriend of yours."

"Whatever!" I screamed and twirled across the room. I then heard the door bell ring and squealed slightly as I ran to the door.

I opened the door and was tackled by Ponyboy giving me a hug.

"Alyssa!" he screamed hugging me.

"Ponyboy!" I screamed back. When he let me go I went and hugged Soda and Darry. I took them to the kitchen where no one was and they sat down.

"I'll be right back. There's someone I'd like you to meet," I said walking off to get Ponytail. I walked into the room and grabbed her hand. "There here," I said trying to drag her out the door.

"Okay, I'm coming." She said standing up and following me.

We walked out to the kitche. And I started to introduce her, "Guys this is-"

"Ponytail," Darry cut me off with teary eyes, "Ponytail, is that you?" he asked getting up and walking towards her.

"Um, yeah my name is Ponytail, but how do you know me," She asked backing up.

"You . . . You were my little sister . . . The court cut us apart," he admitted.

"Wait, I thought i remembered you," Sodapop said standing up.

"Guys I'm so confused," Ponyboy said looking back and forth from all of us.

"Ponyboy," Darry started, "we all better sit down for this." Everyone sat down at the table and Darry looked back and forth from Ponyboy to Ponytail then started his tail. "Ponyboy, I'm sorry I never told you this, but you have twin. After Mom and Dad died the court said I couldn't raise a girl and they took you, Ponytail, away."

"What?! No?! I don't have a twin!" Ponyboy said slamming his hands down on the table.

I put a hand on his shoulder and felt his muscles loosen. "Ponyboy, do you know your parent's handwriting?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah."

"Ponytail, can I see that letter?" I asked. She simply nodded then got up. When she came back with the letter I grabbed it to Ponyboy and he read through it.

"This . . . This is Mom and Dad's handwriting. I'm sorry, Ponytail." I could see his ears were red. He hated making a fool of himself.

"Ponytail, would you like to be adopted?" Darry asked.

She smiled then answered, "I don't really know you guys that well, but you seem nice." Darry hugged her then got up to talk to Miss Albert.

I then got up and sat on Ponyboy's lap. "So did Steve or Two-Bit agree to adopt me?" I asked.

"Yeah, Two-Bit is working on it with the court." Pony answered wrapping his arms around my neck. His touch sent tingles through my body. I had missed him so much. I couldn't wait for the court to let Two-Bit adopt me.