5

Since it was Saturday, Ponyboy and I decided to be lazy. We sat around on the couch all day. Suddenly, I heard laughing. I look over to where it was coming from and see Soda, Steve, and Two-Bit laughing, and whispering.

"What are you three laughing about?" I ask.

"Look at your shoulder!" Soda says in between lauphing. I look over at my shoulder and see a hand. I look over to my other shoulder and realise Ponyboy's arm is draped across my shoulder. But I honestly didn't care. I knew Johnny felt safe with him and I do too.

To show those three that I didn't care, I relaxed and layed my head on Ponyboy's shoulder as he pulled me closer.

As we kept watching Mickey Mouse. I got bored and turned off the TV. I then turned on the radio. The song that was on was a slow song. Right away Soda hopped up and screamed "Yes this is my jam!"

He then turned around and reached out his hand for Steve and asked "May I have this dance?" Steve then pretended to giggle like a girl and take Soda's hand. They started to dance like goofballs and I couldn't help but laugh.

Next thing I knew there was a hand in front of me. "May I have this dance?" Ponyboy asked. I took his hand as we started to actually dance. Not goofball dance like Soda and Steve but the Prince and Princess kind of dance.

We danced to sing after song, a majority being slow songs, for an hour. I have had so much fun these past few days. I finally have friends. This is the first time I felt loved sence Johnny died.

Later that night I was laying in Ponyboy's bed trying to go to sleep. When I finally did I had a nightmare.

"Come here!" My father screamed at me. I started to walk closer until Johnny put his arm in front of me. Johnny started to walk towards my father.

"You beat me. You don't touch her." Johnny said to my father with all the confidence in the world. My father grabbed his arm and flung him on to the floor. I felt tears running down my cheeks.

"No don't hurt him!" I screamed trying to stop my father. I grabbed his arm to stop him from slapping Johnny. He whipped around and slapped me.

"Shut up you slut!" He screamed at me. He preceded to be Johnny and all I could do was sit there and scream "No! No! No!"

I felt someone shaking me and I shot up in bed. I felt strong arms wrap around. "It was just a dream." The person started to whisper in my ear over and over.

I felt safe. I felt loved. "Tell me about it." The person whispered. I pulled back and looked Ponyboy in his green gray eyes.

"I dreamt about the first time Johnny stopped my father from beating me." I told him.

He pulled me back into the hug and said "Its okay. Everything's gonna be fine." There was then a long pause of silence. I could hear the birds outside, the crickets as they hopped through the yard, the neighbors dogs that barked all night long. Then I heard him say "I love you." Then felt him kiss my cheek.

I tightened my grip around him. I wasn't sure what to say. Do I love you him? I look up him his eyes full of love. "I love you too. I feel safe when I'm with you. I feel like I could tell you anything." I said.

He layed down and patted the spot next to him. I layed down and he put his arms around my waist. He pulled me closer and I just let him. I relaxed and let him hold me. I threw my arms around his neck, and drifted off to sleep.

A/N
Hey guys. Is it bad that I cried making this?? Well hope you like the story so far. Don't forge to vote and comment.
Stay Gold babes <3