14

By the school was over my wrist was swollen and red. I didn't want to go to the nurse so I kept my hand behind my back.

When I met with Pony at the end of the day I hide my arm behind my back so he couldn't see.

"Hey babe." He said and pecked my lips. He threw his arm around my waist and his hand just happened to land on my wrist. He pulled my arm out from behind me.

"Alyssa what happened?!?" He screamed as if someone had stabbed me.

I looked away from him and the sun blinded me. "When I banged my fist on the wall earlier." I replied still squinting to see past the sun.

"Okay, well let's get you home so Darry can check it out." He said and started to pull me down the steps. I almost tripped and fell on my face from how fast he was but I managed to keep up.

We were about half way to the house when a soc car pulled up next to us. Seven of them hopped out and started to eye me.

Pony pulled me closer, and the leader soc clenched his fist into a ball.

"Let 'er go Curtis." The one in front said.

"Over my dead body."

"So what they say is true. You do watch to many movies. Now let her go, or you'll have to watch the show!"

"I'll never let her go!"

"Fine then." The soc said then nodded his head towards Ponyboy. The six behind him started to walk up to Ponyboy. Then grabbed him and held him back.

"Come here girly."

"Randy leave her alone!" Pony shouted struggling to get free.

"Fine I'll leave you in suspense to see what happens to little Cade here." He said. He then pulled out a gun and hit me in the head with the butt of the gun.

Every thing started to spin and I heard Pony screaming. Then it all went black.