16

By the time we got back to the Curtis' my hearing and eyesight was back. I hadn't said a word the whole car ride I was to worried.

When we pulled into the drive way I rushed to get inside. I opened the door and then froze in the door way. I was scared.

"A-Alyssa." Ponyboy mumbled in a weak voice. I quickly ran to his side and kneeled down next to the couch.

"Yeah Pony I'm right here." I said grabbing his hand.

He had a black eye, a bloody nose, a busted lip, and that was just on his face. His leg was wrapped and propped up on a pillow. His shirt was off and there was a wrap around his ribs.

"A-Are you o-o-okay?" He stuttered.

"Yeah I'm fine. Are you okay?" I was truly worried about him. "You look like hell."

"Yeah I just got back." He said and smiled a little. I giggled and kissed his cheek. His smile got even wider as our eyes met.

I felt myself blush as Darry, Steve, and Two-Bit walked in the door.

"Alyssa we need to look at your wrist and ankles and see if the ropes left any marks."  Darry said. I stood up and followed him into the kitchen.

He pulled up my sleeve, and there were slight scratches. He walked over to the medicine cabinet and pulled out a bottle of peroxide.

I pulled my self up onto the counter as he went to grab a towel. He came back over to me and poured a small bit of peroxide on the corner of the towel, and rubbed the towel on my cuts.

"Ow!" I whispered under my breath.

"Sorry." Darry said then started to clean the other wrist.

He kneeled down and started to clean my ankles. I tried my best not to start cursing because geez that stung.

"Okay you're good. Is there anything else that hurts?" He asked.

"Yeah I got a small head ache." I told him. He grabbed some Tylenol and handed it to me. I ate the Tylenol then went out to the living room.

I sat down in front of the couch. Ponyboy was asleep, so I started to watch Mickey Mouse with Two-Bit. After about five minutes I felt someone start to play with my short hair.

I turned around and Ponyboy kissed me.

"I love you." He said when we pulled apart.

"I love you too." I replied.

He then patted the small space next to him, and I crawled up and snuggled next to him. It was almost midnight and I was exhausted, so I fell asleep in his arms.