18

When the sun started to rise I crawled out of Pony's arms and went over to the window. I stared to watch it rise in the deep silence. I thought about my dream and if it would happen again.

I heard Pony rolling around on the couch and I tried to stay extra quiet. After about ten minutes of watching the sunrise I got very tired and went and layed back down with Pony.

"Oh you finally decided to fall back asleep." Johnny said standing up.

"Okay Johnny I need a little more information. Like will I ever have normal dreams again?" I asked

"Yeah you will, but only on nights that a ghost does not need you."

"What do you mean need me?"

"He means when a ghost doesn't need to talk to you sweet cheeks. Some times ghost will bring warnings sometimes they just want to talk." Dally spoke up.

"Yeah what Dally said."

"So Johnny, I've missed you so much." I said hugging him and trying to get off the subject because the whole "bring warnings" creaped me out.

"Yeah about that. I actually have a warning. Mom and Dad are coming for you. They should be breaking into the house soon. You need to wake up tell Pony and hide."

I then quickly sat up on the couch. I heard the door knob jiggling. I shook Ponyboy and he slightly opens his eyes.

"What's wrong Alyssa?" He asked.

"Someone's trying to break in!" I whisper shouted.

His eyes then widened as he sat up. "Lets go hide in our room." He whispered and tried to sit up. I had to help him because his ribs were hurt.

We wobbled down the hall way and as we locked the door to the room I heard the front door creak open. I then heard the floor creak as they walked threw the living room.

"Get out of my house!" I heard a familiar voice scream. It was Darry.

"We mean no harm we just want our daughter!" My mom scream back at him.

"She's not here." Darry said calmly, but I knew he would explode. "Now get the fuck out of my house!" He screamed just like I guessed he would.

"Okay! Okay! We're leaving!" My father said in that tone that told me he was drunk.

"Pony, Alyssa you can come out now." Darry said. We unlocked the door and wobbled out. I sat Pony back down on the couch then sat next to him.

"What are those wackos doing here at six in the morning?" I could tell he was pissed.

He stood there for a second then looked over Pony and said "As much as I hate it we're taking you to the doctor today." Pony nodded, but I saw him turn white.

Later that day Pony and I we're home alone while every one else was at work.

"So what's it with you and hospitals?" I asked as we watched the TV. All it was was the news so neither of us were paying much attention.

"Well you know how after Johnny died you became afraid of fire and smoke. Well every time I'm at the hospital I think of Johnny. Oh God just looking in the mirror I think of Johnny. I hate this blonde hair."

"Oh it's okay I love it blondie."

"Oh no you didn't!"

"I don't know did I?" I asked moving closer to him.

"You'll pay!" He screamed then kissed me. This kiss turned into making out fast. He lifted his head from my lips and went to kiss my neck. He kissed my neck once then pulled back and sat up straight like nothing had happened.

I stared at him in shock because to be honest that really only lasted a minute. "You fucking tease!" I screamed and punched his arm.

"Hey that's what you get." He said chuckling under is breath.

"Oh fine then." I said and layed down on the arm of the couch and propped my legs up on his lap. Not long after I was asleep.

I guess no ghost needed me because I dreamt of Pony and I. I don't remember all of it I just remember it included Ponyboy and I.

I woke up to Darry shaking me. "Hey we're taking Ponyboy to the hospital. You coming with?" He asked. I nodded and stood up so they could get Pony up.

Darry and Soda sat in the front seat while Ponyboy and I rode in the bed of the truck.

When we finally pulled up to the hospital Pony was in even more pain from all the bumps we hit. He still had his foot wrapped, and a black eye, but we threw a shirt on him.

"Alyssa, promise you'll stay with me?" He begged me as the car came to a stop.

"Of course Ponyboy."

We got in and had to wait for about ten minutes. Then a doctor took Ponyboy back to a room and questioned us.

"So what happened?" He asked all three of us. Soda and Darry both looked at me and I had to answer. Of course I twisted to story a little.

"Well, we got jumped. They held me back and made me watch them beat him up." He nodded, but I noticed he kept staring at me.

"Are you related to Johnny Cade?" He asked scratching his chin.

"Yeah, I'm his sister. Now go take care of Ponyboy!" I shouted in his face. He quickly turned around and walked away.

After another ten minutes Pony came out on crutches.

"Hey babe," He said and pecked my lips, "How ya doin Soda and Darry?" I saw out of the corner of my eye them shake their heads.

On the car ride home Pony told me his leg was broken, but he ribs were fine, and there was nothing they could do for his black eye. In two weeks we could go back to get the cast off. Everything would be fine, I just knew it would.