19

"So Alyssa, wanna go out to the movies when I get my leg fixed up?" Pony asked as we walked in the door.

"I'd love to... Blondie."

"Oh come on!" He shouted trying to chase after me as I ran into the kitchen. Then there was a load knock at the door.

Darry walked over and opened it and there stood a tall lady in a blue police uniform with black hair that was in a bun.

"Is Alyssa Cade here?" She asked looking straight past him and right at me.

"Yes, she is. Did she do something wrong?" Darry asked.

"No, but we would like to talk to her down at the station." She answered. Then she pushed past Darry and started to walk towards me. She stopped right in front of me and smiled a little bit.

"Come along young lady." She said still smiling.

All I did was listen to her. We walked out to the car and she put hand cuffs on my wrist.

"You're not in any trouble this is just protocol. Do you have any weapons on you?"

"Yes, I have a switchblade in my back pocket." She then pulled out the switchblade and threw it in the passenger seat. Then she shoved me into the back seat and slammed the door shut.

It was a short ride, but it felt like forever because it was so quiet. When we finally pulled up the the station she got me out of the car and we started to walk in the doors.

"Hello officer Sanders." A man said as we walked in. "Is this Alyssa?" He asked.

"Yes it is. What room can I put her in?" They were talking about me as if I wasn't there.

"Room 208 is empty." He replied then officer Sanders and I started walking. We reached a room that had a window so and a plate next to the door that said 208.

When she took me inside that window became a mirror. Oh great I was about to be interrogated! I sat there in silence by myself for about five minutes then the man that greeted me at the door walked in.

"So Alyssa, how long have you been staying with," he paused, "who were you staying with?"

"I was staying with the Curtis family, and I was there for a week."

"Before you left home it was just you and your parents correct?"

"Yes."

"How were conditions at home?"

"Do you want me to tell you everything?" I asked.

"Please do." He replied.

"Okay of you want it all come pull up my sleeves." He got up and walked behind me and pulled up my sleeves.

"Why we're you cutting? Do you understand how serious that is?" He asked while sitting back down in his chair across the table.

"I wasn't. You see my parents abused my brother, Johnny, and I our whole lives. He would defend me and stop my parents from hitting me. Then the night my brother died, my parents came home drunker then ever. Then they did this to me. I don't think they were sad about him dying. They were sad that they lost a punching bag then they remembered I was at home."

"Your brother was the one who killed the socs correct?"

"Yes sir."

"Would you like to know why you were brought here?"

"Yes please."

"A few days ago a girl went missing. Her name was Karen Barton. See the other day we got a phone call from some one. This was it." He then pulled out a tape recorder and pushed play. A little girl started talking and she said.

"Help me there coming!" She practically screamed.

"Who's coming?" The operator asked.

"This lady and a man. I'm, I'm Karen Barton and I've been held hostage by these two people at (address). They left the house and left the door open. I got out, but they saw me please-" she was then cut off by her own scream.

Then the man at the other side of the table started to speak again.

"We then searched the town for her and found your parents with her, passed out, and a bat. They were carrying her down the road. She had bruises all over her and a large bleeding gape on her head. We took her to the hospital and she came close to death. She's lucky to be alive." I gasped.

"Were are th-they now?" I stuttered.

"They're in a jail cell here, but we brought you here to know if you knew anything about it."

"Sir, I never get the chance to watch the news for we only watch Mickey Mouse at home, and I haven't been home since last week on my birthday."

"Okay, thank you very much. You will speak at your parents trial on Monday at 12:00 PM. Officer Sanders will escort you back to the Curtis' house so you can get your things."

"Wait what do you mean get my things?"

"Oh, you have to go to a girls home."