20

I got in the back seat of the cop car with my hand cuffs off. We drove back to the Curtis' house and on the way there I thought of how to get out of this.

I quickly hoped out of the car when officer Sanders opened the door. I ran in the door and almost ran into Ponyboy.

"Ponyboy, room now!" I said pointing down the hall. He obeyed and followed me down the hall.

"Okay, listen," I said closing the door, "My parents were arrested for kidnapping a little girl. The little girl is in the hospital and she's lucky to be alive. Anyways I have to go to a girls home." I blurted out.

"What?! You can't go to a girls home!"

"Listen Pony," I said putting my hands on his shoulders to calm him down, "get Steve or Two-Bit to adopt me."

"Why can't Darry adopt you?" He asked and I could see the tears appearing in his eyes.

"Because if Darry adopts me we can't date. We'll be siblings." I said grabbing my duffle bag off the floor. I started to put my clothes in the bag and I could hear Officer Sanders telling the gang What was happening.

"Okay, okay I will." Ponyboy said. I could hear the sadness in his voice. When I looked up he was crying. I dropped my bag and hugged him.

"Everything will be fine." I whispered in his ear. I walked to the bathroom and grabbed everything that was mine. I walked back in the room and hugged Ponyboy one more time.

"You've got crazy persuasive skills and Two-Bit and Steve love me you can do this." I kissed his cheek then walked out to Officer Sanders.

"Bye guys." I said and hugged them all one by one. I then walked out to the car. It took about ten minutes to get to the girls home.

It was a small house with sky blue walls. Officer Sanders knocked on the white door that had a sign on it that read "Miss Albert's home for girls".

An older lady opened the door. "Hi, are you Alyssa?"

"Maybe." I replied with attitude in my voice.

"We don't take attitude here so you better clean that up fast."

"Oh don't worry. I'm not usually like this. I'm just a little upset cause I was ripped out of a perfectly good home and brought to a strangers house." I shot back.

"Okay well come in. Thank you for bringing her here Officer Sanders." I walked in the door and saw three other girls.

One was tall with black hair and blue eyes. She was wearing blue jeans with tears at the knees and a black t-shirt. She looked about sixteen.

The next was short looked about nine. She was a brunette and had hazel eyes. She had on a purple t-shirt and blue jeans.

The third girl looked so much like Ponyboy it was creepy. She had brown hair with bangs that fell over her eyes, but I could see her eyes were a green gray mix. She looked about fifteen which was how old Pony was. She was wearing a blue shirt and a purple jacket the jacket was zipped up half way and she had on a pair of jeans like everyone else.

"This is Maria, Olivia, and Ponytail. Alyssa you'll be sharing a room with Ponytail." Miss Albert said pointing to the girls. "Ponytail could you show her to her room?"

"Yes ma'am." Ponytail said then started to walk down the hall. She turned into a room and sat down on a bed. "That's your bed." She said pointing to the bed across the room.

"Thanks Ponytail. By the way I really like your name." I told her.

"Yeah stop teasing me."

"I'm not. I have a boyfriend named Ponyboy." I told her.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yep and he looks a lot like you. Hey how old are you?"

"I'm fifteen."

"Cool. I'm fourteen. When's your birthday."

"It's July twenty-second."

"Really?!" I screamed.

"Yeah. Why are you so excited?"

"Because that's Ponyboy's birthday!"