Bigger Problems

To say that the twins and I were avoiding having to have the dreaded discussion about Zack and our relationship, would be an understatement. For this whole week, we had been full on skirting around the topic like it was a plague.

At first whenever Zack called one or both of the twins would show up, hovering while I gave poor, unknowing Zack a very vague excuse to why I couldn't talk and would rush him off the phone.

Which was always proceeded with one or both of them having to take some kind of possession over my body, bending and working it to their will. Which they seemed to know how to do so very well, my whole being seemed to automatically submit to their every whim.

Don't get me wrong I was loving every moment of being with them, but as soon as it was over the gut churning guilt and self-loathing would wash over me, for how I was lying to Zack about them and for being to selfish to let him going, knowing that I would have to return to our home with him.

Cause despite the fact that the twins informed me that I'm their mate, I still wasn't 100% sure what that meant to them, to me or to their pack and I have a life back home, an apartment that I lease with Zack, with bills, friends and college degree that I'm only a few courses away from graduating with.

The very thought of leaving here and going back to my old life made my heart clench tightly in my chest. But I would have to go back to end things properly with Zack, cause he deserved an explanation and I need to say goodbye to my old life, the one that kept me going all those years I was lost and devastated without Dante and Dimitri.

So in attempt to lower their need to own me and my body and stop myself from being so wrapped up in them. I put my phone on silent and stuck to only texting Zack, which he was very text verbal about hating, stating that he wanted to hear my voice and started questioning why we couldn't talk. This horribly shitty situation was just getting worse and worse.

I was full on lying to Zack about everything here, except Ms. Caroline's well being and care. And I was terrified to let Dante and Dimitri know that at some point I will be going back home, to pack up that part of my life, but still I was going to back and I couldn't have them come with.

I needed someone to talk to about this, about everything. Ms. Caroline was not an option since Dante and Dimitri are her boys. Becca was out, she was apart of their pack and she down right refused to know anything about Zack, letting me know that the twins would get it out of her whether she wanted to tell them or not.

So that left me with only one other person. The only other person that I thought I trusted, until I found out about his true agenda behind taking me away from Havencrest.

And after I called, yelling at him for lying to me these last seven years and for not at least telling me he was really my Uncle, I had down right refused to except his calls all together, feeling so betrayed by him. But what other options did I have at this point.

Letting out a deep breath, biting back on my bottom lip, I was incredibly thankful that Dante had to go to the Club to handle some business and Dimitri had to take over on some 'Pack' situation leaving me, Ms. Caroline and her day nurse alone for the afternoon.

With a shaking hand, I picked up my cell phone off the kitchen table and quickly scrolled to Mick's name, needing to do this as fast as possible before I lost my nerve.

"Mia." he breathed with relief as soon as he picked up the phone.

"Mick." snipping back my response.

"I've been so worried about you sweetheart." he kept his voice calm and unemotional for the moment.

"I know... there was just a lot to take in when I got here." giving him an indication of what I've been informed of.