Neutral Ground

Without another word, Dimitri, which was a shock considering he's normally the calmer of the two, closed the small gap between us with long, purposeful strides. Firmly he gripped me by my right forearm and hauled me off the sidewalk, toward an equally pissed off Dante and the still running truck.

Swiftly opening the passenger door, he all but shoved me toward the opening, waiting for me climb into the seat, before wedging himself next to me. Dante made his way to the driver side, quickly climbing in as well.

"Get to the pack house..., Quinn will meet you there." Dante snapped toward the two guys that had been guarding me. Both of them nodded, before taking off running down the street.

"Dante..." Becca called out, in an unsure, timid voice as she stepped toward the truck.

"NO." he instantly barked, cutting her off. "You don't get to give your opinion..., Go to the pack house and wait for our command." Finishing with a threating growl.

Wide eyed, I watched as Becca flinched back in fear, automatically lowering her head and tilting it just slightly, like she was exposing her neck to him. She was pursing her trembling lips, stopping herself from saying anything else.

Anger, rage and protectiveness pulsed through me, as I watched my best friend cower to Dante. And at that moment, I didn't care what they were going to do to me or how pissed off they were with me. I wasn't going to let him treat her that way.

"Stop talking to her like that." Hissing out the words through clenched teeth.

Both of the twins whirled their heads to glower at me, neither believing that I just snapped at Dante. Becca snapped her head up also in disbelief, probably hearing me with her werewolf hearing, staring at me through the windshield, completely stunned as she shook her head at me.

"What?" Dante snarled, turning his full focus on me.

"You heard me." facing him, snapping right back at him. "I don't care if you angry with me, or that you're this Alpha to her... she does a lot for the both of you, and you will not speak to her like she's your slave or something." Yelling out my built up frustration and now fear at him.

"What were you going to suggest, Becca?" Dimitri asked, pulling me from the glare down Dante and I were currently having.

Glancing over my shoulder toward Dimitri, I saw him wave her over to his rolled down window and waited as she hesitantly approached the truck, casting nervous glances toward Dante, who was letting a growl rumble in his chest.

"It wasn't a suggestion." She mumbled, keeping her eyes down as she spoke to him.

"What then?" Dimitri pressed.

"I-I... I was just..." stuttering, she bit her lip shaking her head.

"Just say it." Dante snarled, slamming an impatient hand onto the steering wheel.

"DANTE." Turning back to yell at him again, slapping his hard chest as his black eyes flashed to me.

His hand shot out, grabbing the hand I just slapped him with, holding it against his quivering chest.

Taking a moment to really look at him, I noticed that his whole body was quaking, muscles tensed and bulging, veins popping out on his arms and neck. He was struggling to keep his rage under control.

"You... don't know... how close I am... to losing control right now." He growled lowly, staring me down with his piercing black eyes.

"Brother..." Dimitri breathed, looking over me to calm his brother.

Slowly Dante pulled his searing gaze from my shocked hazel green eyes, meeting Dimitri's calm, controlled expression. They spent several minutes having one of their linked conversations, before Dante took a few deep breaths and turned to look out the windshield.