Piercing the Dark

(Dante)

"Dante where are you?" Mia's voice pleaded from the darkness. I forced myself into a full sprint searching the darkness for her beautiful face, frantic to find her.

Then I spotted her, she was reaching out for me, tears streaming down her face, pain and agony in her eyes. "Please... please Dante."  she whimpered over and over  again reaching for me as I strained to get to her, pushing myself to run faster and harder but never gaining any ground.

"MIA." screaming as she started to once again fade into the abyss. "NO. MIA." I can't lose her again.

"Find me Dante... Please don't leave me." her beautiful voice whimpered as the last of her disappeared, fading away into nothingness.

" her beautiful voice whimpered as the last of her disappeared, fading away into nothingness

"NO." screaming out as I bolted straight up in my bed. It was a dream, another fucking, gut wrenching dream.

Flopping back onto my bed, I glanced over and saw that the sun was starting to breakthrough the clouds, the beginning of another day that I would have to force myself to live without my mate, my gorgeous mate that was ripped from us by our own mother. Snarling at the memory of that horrible night.

Taking deep breathes to ease this sharp pain piercing my heart, I rubbed my hands over my sweat covered face praying that the Goddess would just take it all away. I don't know how much longer I can handle all of this shit anymore.

I needed to run, be free of my thoughts and memory, just for a little while anyway. Reaching out into my shared mind link with my twin brother Dimitri, I let him know I needed to run, which he agreed that he did to.

Grabbing a pair of black basketball shorts, I headed fully nude downstairs, slipping on the shorts as I went and out the kitchen door to the backyard. Impatiently waiting for Mitri, I started stretching out my muscles and jumping in place to get my adrenaline pumping.

"Let's go." I grounded out ready to burn off this rage and frustration. To push away my memories of her. Mitri yawned from his lack of sleep and stretched out to.

"Ready." he finally announced pulling off his grey basketball shorts as I swiftly followed.

We both burst forward into our almost identical wolves and shook out our fur as our bodies adjusted to the shift. I shot forward with Dimitri hot on my trail as we both raced into the forest lining our backyard.

Letting my rage and anger take over my body, I quickly pulled ahead of my brother as my mind slipped my control and the images of Mia from my dream sprung forward, flowing freely into our shared link.