Dreaded Conversation

The realization that both of the boys were on their way home and would be here any minute, according to Mick, and Zack was who knows where was causing me to start hyperventilating as I fidgeted nervously in my seat.

"Have you discussed your full relationship with Zack, with the guys yet?" Mick questioned, watching as I twisted and untwisted my fingers on the table top, and how I was glancing at the door every few seconds.

Slowly I shook my head no. "Not yet."

Letting out a deep breath, licking my dry lips as I shot a desperate glance at my Uncle, who looked just as nervous as I was at this moment.

Every muscle and nerve ending in my body clenched up tight, while my stomach churned and rolled at the thought that I would have to tell Dante and Dimitri about my very real, boyfriend/girlfriend relationship I had with Zack for the last two years.

I hadn't even realized that my hands where shaking, until Mick clasped them in his big, warm, comforting grip giving me a reassuring smile.

"Just be honest with them... don't hold back details." He insisted, squeezing my hands in his. I furrowed my brow confused, I wasn't sure if I wanted to give them all the gory details. "Their Alphas... and you're their mate, they'll know if your lying to them or holding back." Answering my confused expression.

"A lot to still learn about this world I suppose." Whispering, biting my lip as fear gripped me.

I'm not ready to have this conversation, I'm not ready for them to know about Zack. And I'm most definitely not ready to give the two men I love details of my relationship with another man. Especially now, knowing how they react when I only talked to Zack on the phone, and that was just talking.

"They're coming up the driveway." Mick grunted out, shifting uncomfortably in his chair.

"I should check on Ms. Caroline." Mumbling as I attempted to stand from the table, wanting to delay the inevitable.

"Mia." Uncle Mick whispered, grabbing my wrist stopping my hasty retreat. "You need to have this talk with them... get it all out. I'll go check on Caroline." Staring me down as he stood from the table, patting my shoulder as he rounded the table and swiftly exited the kitchen.

Taking a deep, determined breath I got up from the table and headed toward the front door, mentally preparing myself for the dreaded conversation.

Just as I reached the door, both Dante and Dimitri barged through the front door, looking extremely pissed with their eyes pitch black as they flitted around the room.

"Were is he?" Dante growled, fisting his hands at his side.

Dimitri was breathing heavy as his eyes shifted around the room, inhaling deeply he snarled. "He's here... in the house."

"Who is?" gulping against the lump in my throat as they both turned their cold, glaring eyes to me.

"Mick." They snarled in unison.

"Yes... he is here. He's upstairs talking to your mother." Whispering as I moved to block the stairway, preventing them from going up to find Uncle Mick.

"Mia." They snapped, both heading toward me menacingly.

"He's my Uncle... and he's staying. For however long I want him too." Trying to sound confident as I straighten my back and crossed my arms over my chest, refusing to let them intimidate me this time.

"Damn it, Mia." Dante growled in warning, causing me to flinch back.

"He's not the bigger issue at the moment." Snapping back as they both scowled at me.