1: Scarlett

"Logan Stephen Herondale, if you don't leave me alone in five seconds, I will hit you in the face." I threatened.

"Your threats don't scare me, Scarlett Celine Herondale." Logan smirked as he mimicked me.

I was sitting in the living room of the Institute trying to read a book, and Logan would not stop bothering me.

"Well they should." I retorted.

I then heard my one year old sister Paris, crying from another room. I sighed, and got up to see what the problem was. It had been a year since we had all come back from past. Alexa was slowly getting over Matthew, she had seen him yesterday on her birthday, because uncle Magnus had brought him here.

I walked into Paris's room, to find Austin holding her, his back facing me. I smiled slightly. Austin was my twin brother, and I had always liked him better than Logan. Though, I loved him very much, but I would never admit it to him.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

Austin turned to face me, and smiled. "Yeah, she's good."

I walked over to the two of them, and looked at Paris. Her blonde hair was a bit frizzy, and there were tears in her blue-green eyes. I smiled, and gently touched her cheek. My parents were out with aunt Isabelle and uncle Simon right now, so the three of us were babysitting.

"What's wrong with her?" I heard a voice say.

I turned, to see Logan standing in the doorway. It was quite a thing to see Paris with Logan. She brought out the gentleness in him. I hated to admit it, but Logan was Paris's favourite.

"She fell." Austin stated.

Logan frowned, his green eyes filling with worry. I walked out of Paris's room, and there was a knock at the Institute door. I went to open it, and there stood my parents. My mother was wearing jeans, a white t-shirt, and a purple jacket over top, her red hair pulled back. My father was wearing jeans, a black t-shirt, and a leather jacket, His blonde hair was a bit messy.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hello." My father said, he kissed my head, and then walked away.

My mother stood in the doorway. "How was everything? Please tell me you and Logan didn't kill each other?"

"Well, I'm standing here, aren't I?" I joked.

She chuckled lightly, and walked inside. "Oh! Tessa and Jem are coming over soon."

"Okay." I smiled.

Once we had returned from the past, my mother had gotten back in touch with Tessa. She was married to Jem, and had a son and a daughter. Her daughter was named Charlotte, after Charlotte Fairchild, and she was my age. Her, Alexa, and I were quite good friends. Her son, was named Will, after Will Herondale of course. He was Logan's age, and they were friends.

I walked into the living room, to find Logan and Austin sitting on the sofas. I suspected, that Paris was now with my mom. I took a seat across from them.

"Aunt Tessa and uncle Jem are coming over." I said.

"I hope Will comes." Logan said to no one in particular.

"Do you know if Charlotte is coming?" Austin asked casually.

I smirked at him. "Why?"

"I don't like her like that, Scarlett." He blushed.

"You love her." Logan smirked.

"Who does Austin love?" My father said, as he walked into the living room.