14: Tessa

I sat in the Institute, watching as baby Paris crawled around the living room. I sighed worriedly, and checked the time. Everyone had been gone for about twenty minutes, and I was feeling quite anxious. They'll be okay, Tessa, they'll be okay.

I watched as Paris grabbed her toy off the floor, and squeezed it and it made a sound, making her laugh. I smiled, who would have thought I would be able to see my great-however many greats-granddaughter. Logan always reminded me of Will, I had called Austin Charles a few times, and Alexa was basically Cecily.

I felt the familiar tightening of my chest, when I thought of everyone I had lost. I missed them all so dearly. At least I had Jem, though. There was that.

"Cute little thing, isn't she?" A voice said from beside me.

I jumped and looked to my right. There was Will, casually leaning against the fireplace. He was looking at me amusedly, his blue eyes twinkling. I died a bit inside.

"Will." I breathed.

"Tess." He grinned.

"Are you just going to keep showing up when I'm alone?" I raised an eyebrow anise fly.

He shrugged, smirking. "I missed you more than usual today."

I smiled, and Will walked over to Paris and bent and picked her up.

"She can see you?" I asked surprisedly.

"Only because I want her to." Will replied.

Paris put her head down on Will's shoulder, and put her arms around his neck.

"She likes you. She must somehow know that you're a Herondale." I smiled.

"She looks like Jace." Will smiled. "It's crazy how you get to be with our descendants."

I then remembered where everyone was, and frowned. Will noticed right away that I was unhappy, and looked at me questioningly. He had always been able to tell when I was upset, even when I didn't show if.

I sighed. "They're all out fighting the werewolf-vampire's. I stayed here to take care of Paris."

"I can go check on them." Will said and put Paris back down on the floor.

"Please." I said.

Then Will vanished as if he hadn't been there. I waited anxiously for a minute, until he appeared in front of me, wide-eyed.

"Tess, they've taken them hostage." Will said frantically. "And they've drank a bit of the Lightworm boy's blood."

I froze. "Oh-oh no."

"Call Magnus." Will said urgently. "And the blue eyed Lightworm."

I quickly got out my cellphone, and dialed Magnus' number. He answered after two rings.

"Hello, biscuit." He chirped.

"Magnus, I need your help." I started frantically. "Benjamin's taken everyone hostage."

"That werewolf-vampire thing?" He asked.

"Yes." I said hurriedly.