9: Tessa

I sat in my house in Idris, with Jem. Our children were out, and I was feeling quite bored. There wasn't a TV and I couldn't use my phone. It quite a thing to be a parent in these times. There so many new things to worry about, but Will and Charlotte were responsible kids.

"I wonder what the Clave will do about the werewolf-vampire's." Jem said.

"Me too." I said. "They need to do something, because they were quite dangerous."

"Thankfully Austin was okay." Jem said.

"Clary and Jace would have been crushed. Not to mention Logan and Scarlett." I frowned.

"Scarlett reminds me of Charlotte." He said, and I knew that he wasn't talking about our daughter.

I smiled. "She does. I miss her."

"So do I. And Will." Jem said sadly.

I sighed. "I'll never stop missing him."

"Do you remember when we had first met in my bedroom, and he came home telling stories about six-fingered-Nigel." Jem laughed.

I laughed as well. "I had been convinced that he was crazy."

"He was crazy." He laughed.

Just then Charlotte and Will walked through the front door. They both were smiling about something, and Charlotte held a bag in her hand. She walked over and handed it to me.

"Here, I got you something." She smiled.

I took the bag, and pulled out its contents. It was "A Tale of Two Cities". I smiled, I had started a collection of this book, and it's different covers.

"Thank you, Char." I smiled. "I think I'll take a walk and read it."

I said goodbye to the three of them, and walked out the door. I walked for a bit until I found a bench in a remote area. It was facing fields grass, and I smiled slightly. I sat and opened the book, and started to read the pages I knew so well. I must have read for an hour, because the sun was setting when I closed the book.

The sunset was beautiful, and I sighed a bit. I looked down at the book, and I felt a bit sad. I had always associated this book with Will. I still had the book with the letter written in it. On the days I particularly missed him more than usual, I would take it out and read the letter. It brought me to tears every time. Everyday I thought of him, though I had forgotten the precise blue of his eyes. But every time I saw Alec I was reminded, since his eyes were Cecily's. I opened the book and started to read again.

"Well, you look as beautiful as ever." I heard a voice say from beside me.

I whipped my head to my right, and froze in shock. There sat Will. He looked as he did when I first come to the London Institute. He was wearing jeans and a white t-shirt. His black hair was falling in eyes. His eyes. The bluest blue I had ever seen. They were looking at me with happiness.

"Hello, Tess." Will smiled.

"Will?" I whispered. "How are you here?"

"Because you were thinking about me, and I decided to come see you." He said happily.

I was absolutely shocked. How was this possible?

"Why now?" I asked startled.

"Because you are always around other people, and I thought that this was the perfect moment." Will said amusedly.

"I miss you so much." I felt tears starting to form in my eyes.

"No, don't cry Tessa. I won't have it." He said dramatically.