32: Alexa

I woke up the next morning, to someone pounding on my bedroom door at the Institute. I groaned, and sluggishly got up. I opened the door and saw Scarlett. Her wild red hair was very messy, and her green eyes were filled with worry. Dread went through me instantly.

"Have you seen Logan?" She asked very quickly.

"No. Why? What's wrong?" I demanded, now fully awake.

"We can't find him anywhere. He never came home last night." She explained frantically.

I felt my heart drop a thousand feet. Oh no. Oh no. Where was Logan? What had happened to him? Had the hybrids taken him? A million questions fired off in my mind. And then something hit me. This was what Will Herondale had meant. This was the bad thing that was going to happen to me.

"Oh--oh no." I whispered, shocked.

I quickly changed my clothes and got ready and practically ran downstairs. Aunt Clary and uncle Jace were sitting together. Aunt Clary was crying, and uncle Jace was holding her, murmuring comforts. My mother and father were looking at them worriedly, as were aunt Tessa and uncle Jem. Scarlett was hugging Blake, and I saw Austin standing sadly by himself. I walked over to him and hugged him.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I hugged him.

He sighed. "No."

We pulled away, smiled at him sadly.

"He'll be okay." I tried to sound convincing.

"I hope so." He said weakly. "My father called uncle Alec and uncle Magnus. Uncle Magnus is going to try to track him."

I only sighed and didn't say anything. Ten minutes later, uncle Alec and uncle Magnus came bustling through the front doors. Uncle Alec immediately hugged aunt Clary and then uncle Jace.

"It's okay, I'll find him for you, biscuit." Uncle Magnus said to aunt Clary.

He then took Logan's stele out of uncle Jace's hand, and started the spell. We waited impatiently as he did it, and then finally he opened his eyes again. They didn't look happy.

"I--I can't reach him." Uncle Magnus said, stunned.

Aunt Clary started to sob, and I felt my own eyes start to well with tears.

"Usually if I can't find a person, I can get some feel of them. Like I can sense their heartbeat and presence, but I couldn't feel anything. That only happens when the person is--"

I cut him off. "Don't say it." I said, a tear running down my face. "Don't."

Uncle Magnus looked at me sadly, and Austin held my hand comfortingly. Everyone started whispering to each other, but Scarlett had the oddest expression on her face. She slowly moved forward to uncle Magnus.

"Give me his stele." She said.

He handed it to her, and she began to draw on the palm of her hand. Tears streamed down her face as she drew, and when she was done, the stele fell from her hand. She held her hand in the air, and suddenly it projected a picture of an building. Thinking ahead, I quickly took a picture, with my phone, of the building, before the rune faded. The picture then disappeared.

"Scarlett." Aunt Clary said, shocked.

Scarlett looked just as shocked as her mother.

"Did anyone take a picture?" Max asked.

"I did." I replied and smiled. "We know where he is."

"But we don't know if he's alive." Will mumbled, and I shuddered.

We all grabbed our weapons, and aunt Clary drew a portal to the building. I went through, and landed right outside. Everyone else came through, and for a moment we all stood there silently, looking at the building. Finally, I snapped out of it.

"Let's go." I said, and started to lead everyone in.

I suddenly felt a hand on my arm, tugging me back.

"Oh no you don't, I'm going first." Uncle Jace.

I stopped, and let him go. We all followed. The building was old and dark, do I couldn't see where I was going, thankfully I hand my witchlight. At one point, I stepped on an arm that wasn't attached to a body.

"What the hell was he doing in a place like this?" Scarlett whispered to me.

"Maybe he was brought against his will." I said, and she shivered.

We all reached a room at the end of the hallway, and uncle Alec kicked down the door. We all stepped in and stared. The room was much better looking than the rest if building. In fact, it almost looked like a ballroom. The floor was tile and it was very formal. And there at the centre of the room, was Logan. He was in a coffin, laying with his eyes closed. The coffin was glass and he seemed to be floating in it.

"Logan!" I exclaimed, and ran towards him.

I was almost at his coffin, when I was hit by a invisible wall. I hit it, and it didn't budge.

"Oh, you didn't think it would be that easy, did you?" A voice rang out.

We all whirled around, to see a woman. She had dark black hair that went to her chin, and she was wearing a bright red floor length dress. There was something in the way she moved that seemed inhumane to me. She looked over at uncle Jace and aunt Clary amusedly.

"Clary Fairchild, and Jace Herondale, surprised to see me?" The woman smirked.

"Lilith?" Aunt Clary whispered, shocked.

"Wait, do you mean the greater demon Lilith?" Austin asked.

"Oh yes." Lilith said. "That's me."

I gasped. I had heard many horrible stories about her. I knew that she couldn't have any children, and that they were still born.

"It's nice to see you two again." She smirked at uncle Jace and aunt Clary.

"Give us back our son." Uncle Jace growled.

"Ah, your golden boy." She said an walked over to Logan, easily passing through the barrier. "He looks just like you, maybe better."

Uncle Jace clenched his sword tightly.

"What are you going to do with him?" My mother demanded.

"Oh I'll tell you." Lilith said, and looked aunt Clary dead in the eyes.

"I'm going to make him just like your brother."