25: Logan

Will Herondale and I walked through the halls of the Institute. There was blood and body parts everywhere, and I tried not to gag. I couldn't believe this was what they had done to the Institute. I had just heard Alexa yell something about killing someone. I chuckled to myself, she must have found her clothes now torn into pieces.

"Why do you not like Gabriel?" I asked Will curiously.

"Who would?" He said.

"Uh, your sister." I raised an eyebrow.

Will looked annoyed. "Yes, and I can't understand why. I mean, he's a Lightworm."

I laughed. "Lightworm. I'll have to remember to call Alexa that later."

Will looked amused. "Do it. She'll be quite angry."

We were both silent again.

"Can you make new runes like your brother and sister?" He asked.

"No I didn't get my mother's gifts, but I got my father's." I said.

"And what is that?" Will asked.

"Good looks." I winked.

"Well, then you got my gift." Will smirked.

I chuckled and so did he. We walked into the library, and he whistled.

"Tessa must love this." He said with a knowing smile.

His tone changed when he said her name. There was a more tenderness and softness to it. It was clear that he loved very much.

"She does. She always come here when her and uncle Jem visit." I chuckled a bit.

Will only smiled and ran his fingers across the book spines, on the shelves.

"Is it ever hard?" I asked.

"Is what ever hard?"

"Being...dead, when your best friend and wife are alive?" I asked.

Will smiled ghostly. "Sometimes, only because I miss them. But, it's quite entertaining watching all of you. Especially you blondie, crushing on Miss Lightwood are we?"

I blushed. "How do you know that?"

"I'm observant." He smirked. "Why haven't you told her yet?"

"I..." I faltered.

"Don't tell me your scared that she doesn't like you back. C'mon you're a Herondale! No girl can resist us." Will said smugly.

I laughed. "That's true, but this is Alexa. She doesn't fall for that kind of stuff, and besides why would you want me to tell her? You don't even like Lightwood's."

"I like her," He started. "And her brother. She reminds me of Cecily."

"I don't know how to tell her." I admitted.

"Just get her alone and tell her. That's what I did, though it didn't quite work out." Will muttered.

"Why not?" I asked.

He waved it off. "Never mind."

"What if she doesn't like me back though?" I said.

"Then at least you told her." Will said simply.

I sighed, and then suddenly I heard a rustling sound. In a second Will and were back to, Seraph blade's in hand. The rustle came again, and twelve hybrids ran at us. I hit one, and blood poured from him. We fought them until they were all dead, and I turned back around to Will.

"That was--"

I was cut off by his knife flying through the air, brushing my shoulder, and into a hybrid that apparently had been standing beside me.

"You need to be more careful." Will smirked.

I only chuckled and then door opened to the library. Alexa and Cecily walked in. Alexa looked very angry.

"What's wrong, Lex?" I asked.

"Some idiot hybrid wrecked my clothes and shoes." She said through gritted teeth. "That's what's wrong!"

"Oh my." Will murmured, while chuckling.

Alexa glared at Will. "Stop laughing."

"I'm sorry miss Lightworm, I can't--" Will got cut off.

Alex shot out her whip, and grabbed Will by the wrist. She pulled it, and it tightened.

"What did you call me?" She growled.

Will looked surprised. "Lightwood, of course I called you Lightwood."

"That's what I thought." She said.

She released Will and he held his wrist which was bright red. Cecily, meanwhile, was laughing at her brother.

"She got you there." She laughed.

Will looked amusedly at Alexa. "You certainly inherited your mother's temper."

"Yes, and don't make me lose it again, Herondale." She narrowed her eyes at him.

Will still looked amused. "I like you, but since you are related to Gabriel, I feel the need to annoy you."

Alexa just sighed, and didn't say anything. We all walked out of the library, and back to the front entryway. Everyone was already there, and I was relieved to see that everyone was okay. Will stopped walking, and rubbed the red mark on his wrist.

"What happened to your wrist?" Gabriel asked.

"Alexa grabbed me with her whip because I called her a Lightworm." Will muttered.

"Well done, miss Lightwood." Gabriel said proudly. "He needed that."

Alexa grinned wildly, and I could tell that she was dying because of his good looks. She then casually walked up to Scarlett, and then they both started dying over the fact that Gabriel had talked to her. I only chuckled and shook my head at them.

"What should we all do now?" Austin asked.

"We should go back." Blake said. "Our parents are probably dying with worry."

"Wait, did anyone kill Benjamin?" I asked.

"No. He got away from me." Max said bitterly.

"That means he's still out there. We need to leave here quick." Scarlett said.

Austin drew another portal back to Idris. We all stepped through, and ended up back in the same park we had left from. Austin closed it, and we all started to walk to my house. We all figured that all of our parents would at my house, worried sick.

"They're going to kill us." Alexa said.

"Do not fear, miss Lightworm, I won't let that happen." Will winked.

Alexa only chuckled, while Gabriel glared fiercely at Will, but remained quiet. We reached my house in no time, and we all stood outside the front door, and filed.

"Well," I started. "Here goes nothing."

I then knocked on the door.