29: Scarlett

I sat in the living room of the Institute, holding Blake's hand. Logan had been shooting daggers at Blake for the last five minutes, and I glared at him. Alexa had walked out a few minutes ago, and Max had gone after her. I felt a bit bad that it hadn't been me. I was still buzzing about my new relationship with Blake.

Yesterday night with him had consisted of dinner, and kissing. A lot of kissing. I blushed at the thought, and smiled to myself. I couldn't believe he loved me. How was it even possible? Blake then suddenly leaned over to me.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear.

I blushed. "I love you, too."

He kissed my cheek, and then he started to talk to Will. I looked over to my parents. My mother was talking to uncle Simon, but my father was staring right at me with his eyebrow raised, looking at me amusedly. I blushed embarrassedly. Ugh, why couldn't my mother have seen that instead? He then motioned me to come over to him. Oh no. I quickly got up and took a seat beside him.

"Yes?" I squeaked.

"How is Blake?" He asked amusedly.

"Good." I said awkwardly.

"He hasn't touched you anywhere that--"

"Ugh! No he hasn't, Dad." I groaned.

"I'm being serious, Scarlett, boys that age have no control over--"

"Stop, stop, stop." I cringed.

My mother laughed. "Oh Jace, leave her alone, she knows."

"Clary, she's very young." My father said.

"We were sixteen when we started dating, and you kissed me when you thought we were siblings." My mother raised an eyebrow.

"I know, but that's different." My father asked.

"How?"

"Because I was madly in love with you. And I still am." He smirked and winked at my mother.

She blushed, and I wished I was any place but here. I quickly changed the subject before it got anymore weirder.

"He hasn't done anything, Dad." I assured him. "Trust me, he's fine. Logan would kill him if he wasn't.

"Logan?" My mother echoed.

"He's already threatened to kill Blake if he hurts me, a few times." I rolled my eyes humorously.

"Good." My father said seriously. "He's learned well."

My mother laughed and went to hit my father in the arm, but he reached out and grabbed her arm.

"Too slow." He smirked.

He then leaned down and kissed her. I bolted up and went back to Blake. Ugh, did they really have to that in front of me? I took my seat again, and Blake took my hand immediately.

"What was that about?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing."

About ten minutes later, Blake and I decided to "On a Walk" but we were actually going up to my room. I knew that my father and Logan would never let us go alone to my room, so I had to lie. We tip-toed to my room and I closed the door and locked it. He threw himself down on my bed, and looked at me amusedly. I blushed and took a seat on my sofa.

"So, has Logan stopped harassing you?" I raised an eyebrow.

He chuckled. "Sort of. He did say this morning that I better keep it in my pants, though."

I laughed. "That's Logan for you. At least Austin let's me live my life."

"Are Alexa and Logan a thing?" Blake asked.

"No, though I think Logan likes her." I didn't say that Alexa liked him.

Blake didn't say anything, and we were silent for a few minutes. I came over and took a seat on my bed, and he took my hand. I entwined my fingers with his. It seemed like my hand fit perfectly with his.

"So, what do you wanna do?" He smirked.

I blushed. "I don't know, what do you want to do?"

"This."

All of the sudden he sat up and kissed me. I kissed him back softly, and my hands gravitated around his neck, and his to my waist. Blake pulled me close to him and I pressed myself into him. He kissed me harder, and I pushed back down into my bed. Suddenly he switched us so that he was laying on top of me. After a few more minutes we pull away.

"Hmmm, that was nice." Blake said amusedly.

I hit him on the shoulder, and he laughed. A few hours later we decided that we were back from our "walk" and crept downstairs to where everyone was seated for dinner. I took a seat beside Alexa, and Blake took a seat beside me, hand in hand. My father was looking at us amusedly, and I blushed. We all then started eating.

"Where were you two?" Logan asked.

"Out for a walk." I answered.

He raised his eyebrow, suspiciously, but said nothing. Alexa leaned over to me.

"You're such a bad liar." She grinned.

I only laughed, and started to eat my food. Logan was looking at me suspiciously, and I shook my head at him. He was way too overprotective, like he wasn't my dad. I rolled my eyes at him, and then looked away. Sometimes it wasn't all that great having a brother. We all then started eating.

"Has there been any news about the hybrids?" Aunt Tessa asked.

My mother sighed. "No. I don't know what the Clave is going to do."

"I wonder how they were made." Austin said. "I just don't see how they could be created."

"Probably with dark magic." My father said. "And it had to be someone powerful."

"Whoever it is must hate Shadowhunters." Charlotte sighed.

"Everyone hates Shadowhunters, except for Shadowhunters." Logan pointed out. "Well, except for a few Downworlders."

I thought about that, for a moment. I couldn't understand why people hated us. We protected the mundanes and everyone else, didn't we? They should be happy that we're here to protect them. Though, some Shadowhunters could be very prissy and pretentious.

After dinner, Alexa and I went up to her room. I threw myself down on her bed, and sighed.

"So, how are you Blake?" Alexa smirked.

"I love him." I said dreamily. "And he loves me. Do you believe that?"

"No." She chuckled. "It seems like love has turned into nothing but sex these days. Like, there's no awkward first dates, or the cute cuddle sessions. Do you get what I mean?"

"Yeah." I replied. "Or, the two people get bored with each other and break up, even if they were perfect for each other."

"Yeah." Alexa sighed. "I personally vow to never become like that."

I couldn't even beat the thought of Blake getting bored with me and moving into to someone else. I know that I never would.

"Me too, Lex. Me too."