36: Alexa

That night, I tossed and turned in my bed. I was feeling very stressed and worried about Logan. What were we going to do about Lilith? She would come for him soon, and we were completely defenceless. He couldn't turn into aunt Clary's brother. He wouldn't.

I sighed, and got out of my bed. I threw on a jacket, and my high heel boots and walked out of my bedroom. I walked down the stairs and out the front door. I know, it really wasn't safe for me to be going out on my own, especially at night, but I needed air. I started to walk down the street. My mind was buzzing with ways to help Logan. The only thing I could think of, was to hide him, but Lilith would find him easily.

Maybe Austin or aunt Clary or Scarlett could make a rune that could do something. I had overheard aunt Clary telling uncle Jace that was trying to think of something, but she couldn't. I sighed, frustratedly. Even if it killed me, I was going to help Logan. I couldn't let him become evil.

"Walking around at this night alone, Miss Lightwood?" A slow arrogant voice said.

I screamed, and whipped around. There stood Will Herondale, wearing tight black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt. Again, he looked about seventeen. He was raising his eyebrow at me, looking amused. I sighed.

"You've got to stop doing that." I mumbled, and kept walking.

He was beside me in a second, walking.

"Do you really think it's safe walking alone at this time of night, with these circumstances?" He said.

"I'm glamoured, I'm fine." I said.

"Still, you do not know--"

I groaned. "Are you always this overbearing?"

"Ahem, without me you wouldn't have your precious Logan that you're so in love with." Will smirked.

I blushed and rolled my eyes. "Honestly though, I'm not even sure how Cecily can stand it."

He laughed. "You're a Lightworm through and through, I'll give you that."

I sighed annoyedly, and he looked at me curiously.

"You're never this annoyed. What's wrong?" Will asked.

I sighed. "It's Logan. Lilith wants him, and we all don't know what to do. I mean, she's a greater demon. How can we ever win against her?"

"Your parents did, and Jace and Clary." He pointed out.

"I know, but that's different. Aunt Clary and uncle Jace have extra Angel blood." I muttered.

He laughed. "That isn't why. Don't worry, he'll be okay."

"Why do you sound so sure?"

Will shrugged, smirking. "I know things. Someone's helping him."

"Who?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You'll have to ask him." He teased.

We were silent for a few minutes then.

"How come you always come to see me? I bet you, you don't even visit Tessa this much." I said.

"You're right, I don't." He said. "I try not to. I don't want her to miss me. She deserves to be happy with Jem. And the reason I always visit you, is because you're one of the few Lightworms I've ever liked."