7: Scarlett

We all walked into the Council room the next day, with me feeling very tired. Uncle Alec had come by our house last night, and had stayed pretty late. I hadn't seen in him in a few weeks, and I was happy to see him. We all took our seats in the front row, and other Shadowhunters came and took their seats.

"What do you think they'll ask us?" I asked Austin.

"I'm not sure. Probably just everything we saw." He replied.

"I don't want to do this." Alexa leaned over to us. "They're going to use the Mortal Sword on us."

"Maybe not." Logan added in. "After all, grandpa is the Inquisitor."

Since Maryse and Robert had practically raised my father, Logan, Austin and I called them grandma and grandpa.

"Where's Max?" Austin asked.

"He's still seventeen so he couldn't come. Him and Paris are back at my house." Alexa replied.

Aunt Tessa, uncle Jem, Charlotte, and Will then walked in, and took their seats beside us. Jia Penhallow walked in, and so did grandpa. I didn't see any Silent Brothers with the Mortal Sword, and I relaxed a bit.

"Good afternoon, Shadowhunters." Consul Penhallow started. "We are here today for the hearing of the events that happened October 9th, in New York. A group of Shadowhunters were going to attack-what we had believed-to be Faeries. They were not. They were a combination of werewolves and vampires. Today, we will have the Shadowhunters that were present, come up and answer a few questions. First, could we please have Logan Herondale." She finished.

Logan then slowly walked up to the podium, and took his seat. They asked him what Benjamin had said to us, what they looked like, and what they wanted. After, Austin was called up, and he was asked much of the same. Everyone else went up, and finally it was my turn.

"Lastly, Scarlett Herondale." My grandfather called.

I nervously walked up, and my father grandfather shot me a small smile. I shakily took my seat, and looked out at the crowd. I saw my brothers, Alexa, my parents. I looked farther out, and saw Serena Lovelace, Max's girlfriend. I then aunt Aline and aunt Helen, and I started to panic. If they were here then that meant--

I saw him.

His dark brown hair was casually messy, and his dark brown eyes were focused on me. Blake. He was the son of Helen Blackthorn and Aline Penhallow. My parents were friends with them, so I had to call them aunt. My eyes were glued to Blake, and I couldn't look away. Memories floated in my head, and I tried not to get lost in them.

"Miss Herondale?" A voice broke me out of my trance.

"Um, yes?" I cleared my throat.

"I asked you what happened that night?" Jia said.

"Oh um well, my brothers, and my friends and I were all going to attack the Faeries that the Clave told us to. We went to the abandoned building, but it turned that they were not Faeries. They were some sort of cross between werewolves-vampires. The man-Benjamin-said he wanted the Clave to start treating Downworlders better." I said.

Suddenly, a hand rose from the crowd. I looked over, to see that the hand belonged to no one other than Blake.

"Yes?" My grandfather called on him.