39: Alexa

I laughed as Will threw yet another ball into the gutter. We were at the bowling alley, and Will was completely sucking at it. He had asked me if I had wanted to do something earlier, and I had suggested that we go bowling. That was probably a mistake, because he wasn't doing very well.

"I'm so bad at this." Will groaned.

I laughed. "It's okay. Bowling's not for everyone."

I took my turn and I got a strike. I faced Will and he was looking at me, shocked.

"I have no idea how you do that." He said.

"I'm pretty amazing." I joked, and he chuckled.

After another half an hour, we both decided to go back home to the Institute. He made me laugh the entire walk home, and I realized that I really had enjoyed his company. We walked into the Institute, and into the living room. Everyone sat there, and I noticed that Logan was staring at us.

"Where have you two been?" He asked abruptly.

I raised an eyebrow. "We went bowling. Why?"

"Never mind." He grumbled.

I looked at him, confused, and shook my head. Why was he acting like this? It wasn't like he was my dad, why was he acting so concerned? I brushed it off and took a seat beside Scarlett. Logan kept staring at me, and I did my best to ignore it. Everyone started talking and I found that I couldn't pay attention to any conversation. I decided to go train. I went to my room to change, and I walked to the training room.

When I stepped inside, I saw that Logan was already there. Jonathan wasn't with him, and we we're alone. I tried not to blush as his bright green eyes studied me. I shut the door behind me and walked in. Logan was holding a seraph blade, and he was dressed in gear. I was wearing leggings, and a sports bra, my whip was coiled around my wrist.

"Hi." I said.

"Hey." He muttered.

Ah, so he was still going to act like this. I sighed and picked up a serial blade, and stood in front of him.

"Want to spar?"

"Sure."

We readied ourselves, and I looked up at him. He wouldn't meet my eyes. His green eyes were looking at me sword, and I sighed annoyedly.

"Okay, what is it?" I demanded.

"What's what?" He still didn't look at me.

"Why won't you look at me, and how come you're acting pissy." I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not." Logan said, finally meeting my eyes.

I sighed, and thrusted my sword out to him. He immediately blocked my jab, and pushed back.

"Tell me. What is it?" I ducked under his sword, and stood behind him.

"It's Scarlett." He mumbled, as he dodged another blow from me.

I scoffed. "We both know it isn't her. Spill right now."

"Why were you with Will?" Logan asked abruptly.

I stopped for a second, surprised, and he took this to his advantage. He swung his blade at me, and I barely blocked it.