Prologue - 1

The dork had a ridiculous grin on his face. I couldn't help but smile along with him, the boy was in love and I didn't want to rain on his parade. My brother recently turned 17 had finally grown into our families good looks. He no longer looked lanky as he bulked up, his once acne ridden face clear and his scruffy hair finally looked well groomed. He had our mothers blonde hair and deep blue eyes. He was taller than me now, which he wouldn't let me forget, and not that it was hard with his 6 foot stature.

"She's beautiful El, and so sweet." He cooed.

"What's her name?" I enquired.

Lyndon's eyes narrowed at me. I kept my face void of emotion, but we both knew why I asked. I couldn't help myself, despite having great parents, I looked after him often and felt protective of him. This wasn't the first time he was in love with someone, honestly, he fell in love enough to last a lifetime, for the both of us. Majority of the girls had clung to him for our family fortune and now that he was good looking by societies standards it was harder to weed out the girls vying for my naive brothers attention.

He had been with her for six months so far and even though I knew about it, this was his first time talking about her. He was going to introduce us, so I'd find out her name eventually, although I wanted to know exactly who it was that had captured my brothers attention. It had been harder to keep tabs on him now that I attended an ivy league college studying a double major in computer sciences and an MBA. My workload was intense, also, my father had demanded that I prepare for when I take over the company, God even though I was 19 there was still no time to be a teenager. It was the last year for me to be reckless but I couldn't even find a breath of fresh air.

I looked at my brother, he had changed so much. I couldn't believe that he'd changed so much. I was finally on a break but today and tomorrow were my only free days. It was lucky the little brat was important to me. Free time was hard to come by and here I was using it to meet another girlfriend. Lyndon was sheltered, he didn't have our father's oppressive nature baring down on him to take over the company. Lyn was an athletic, computer geek. He was interested in having a place in the company, but not the CEO position. I also wanted him to be able to live his life, it was a great sacrifice, my life for his. That's how much family meant to me, I would do anything for him, that included scaring away money grabbing, wannabe, socialite divas.

"Lyn, you know why I-" He glared at me and I raised my hands in surrender "-Fine, I'll walk into this dinner date blind but after it I'm going to look her up." I promised him. He looked at me resigned knowing that in a battle of stubbornness I was going to win. A handy trait I had gotten from my father, from a young age I had learned how to use a silver tongue and learned not to take no for an answer when you wanted something. My brother was no pushover but he seemed to get his relaxed nature from our mother.

I, on the other hand, took after my father in both personality and looks. We shared the same straight onyx coloured hair and calculating green eyes. We had olive coloured skin tapping into our fathers Greek heritage and the same sharp features. Despite the way we held ourselves, seemingly cold and distant, family was our top priority. The Lawson family was a tight knit group and taking care of each other was drilled into us at a young age.

Growing up was interesting, the first official language I had learnt was Italian and the second was English. Our mother was an Italian, American and our father an English, Greek. So between our fruit salad like ethnicities we grew up with three languages, but because our father spoke Italian and our mother could not speak Greek it became a dead language under the Lawson roof. When in high school and now college I took it upon myself to learn Mandarin and a few other languages to deal with business internationally when the time came for me to take over. My father knew over 6 different languages fluently and I strived to follow on his footsteps.