Chapter Six

Axel gave me the silent treatment in the drive to the charity event. He sulked like Athena would and seeing a grown man act that way should have been annoying but I found it surpringly endearing. Our limo ride was surprisingly long and painfully quiet. Hamilton had kicked him out of the changing room as he had insisted on doing my hair and make up in that moment. I got a half-up, half-down up do with wisps of hair framing my face. He placed sparkling pins in my hair that looked like diamonds. My make up was light but accentuated my green eyes. I wore the diamond covered shoes that I wanted to use on Axel and a few diamond accessories.

He hadn't even told me that I looked nice!

"Axel." I said tiredly,

He humph'ed at me and scooted further away from me. We were almost there and if he couldn't stand being in the same car as me I doubted we could pull off happy couple. I was getting frustrated, I would not be made a fool of in front of the rich snobs in high society. That was the main reason we had avoided events like this, they wanted to talk business and money. Holidays in Venice and their million dollar beach houses. We had things like that but never felt the need to boast about it, my nerves were at the last straw and I snapped a little,

"For Gods sake Axel! What the hell is your problem!?" I all but screamed at him.

He spun around quickly and was in my face in seconds, "You are supposed to be mine!" He hissed, "Spending time in a dressing room with another man-"

I grabbed his suit and pulled him to me, I pressed my lips on his and very dominantly shut him up. His arms snaked around my waist and pulled me to him, he hiked my dress up and sat me on his lap and grabbed the back of my neck, deepening the kiss.

I pulled away and rested my forehead on his, "Were you jealous?" I asked.

He pouted at me as the car stopped, I climbed off of him and shook my head, the driver opened my door and offered me a hand and I had that Hollywood moment where I step flawlessly out of the limo and into a sea of flashing lights. I swallowed hard and turned to the door waiting for Axel, as he got out of the car I tiptoed to whisper in his ear,

"Hamilton is gay, idiot."

He smiled at him and he beamed at me leaning down to peck my lips, it was soft and warm, almost like a lover. I don't and will not deny the sexual tension that is constantly hanging over our heads. Love and lust are two different things but with him acting like a jealous husband made me feel warm. I was feeling things I shouldn't. I looked up at him with a soft smile and he placed his hand around me and we walked into the building. People asking who I was, then somebody dropped my name and Axel addressed the press, stating that he and I were newly dating. I smiled next to him and agreed.

We made it into the building after that, the press swarming like frenzied bees after that. Axel had a self-satisfied smile on his face and I slapped his hard, chiselled chest, "Did you have to do that?" I glowered at him.

He smiled and kissed me temple and with his lips still there he murmured into my hair,

"That's for letting me think he had a chance."

I pulled away from him as we got into the ballroom and glared a little at him. I had to remember that he was using me, that he wanted revenge, he was trying to make me fall in love with him, I knew there was an alternative motive and I dreaded what was in store for me. I know he wants to break my heart.

He wants me to hurt.

Knowing all this I still can't help but be drawn to him. I feel a connection to him through Athena. We share a child for fucks sake. I can't help but feel something toward him, without my control. It is going to get me hurt.