Epilogue

An: There has been a lot of talk about the ending and I haven't been completely satisfied with it so this is the last part of this book with no sequel or anything. Everything ends in this chapter and I hope that it is more understandable and more liked than the previous one. Uhh. The previous Epilogue was deleted.

Dedicated to Lindsayhonaker, who has been great encouragement for this story.

Ellies POV

I don't know how this happened. One minute we were laughing and joking and the next... Well it was decided that my happy ending wasn't going to happen.

I didn't think that the force that would separate the father of my children from him would be their aunt. I don't understand how Axel could allow this to happen but like Olivia said it was all a plan to break me, to finally avenge the broken heart of his sister. I couldn't believe it at first, I demanded to speak to Axel but Olivia let out an acidic laugh and shook her head.

"Why in the world would he want to be around a pathetic whore like you?" Her eyes were narrowed with clear hostility radiating off of her, "You didn't even think twice before fucking him, even after he said he was going to destroy you?! How pathetic. You. Are. Pathetic!"

I don't know why but her words sunk deep into my skin. I backed down and left the hospital that day. I never returned, but it still wasn't enough for Olivia and Axel because the vile witch came knocking on my door.

I had finally moved back to the house Athena and I were supposed to be living in. There she stood basking in her obvious win while I was in sweatpants, a hoodie and ratted hair.

"What do you want?" My voice devoid of emotions. Had they not taken enough from me already? Athena had the worst birthday of her life, the gift of a father had been ripped away from her. The heart of my poor little girl was broken and it was hard to watch. Nothing I did could soothe her. Athena had started to wet the bed and wake up in the middle of the night screaming. She was plagued with a heart break, mourning the loss of her father with no closure.

"You and your brat are leaving the country..."

I scoffed at her demand and shook my head. This woman was insane. Had she not done enough? Athena was crying in her bedroom, right now and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

"And if I don't?" I challenged.

A maniacal laugh left her lips, it made me question whether it was right that she was allowed to leave rehab. Her eyes glittering with malice and her lips curving into a sneer.

"Well, Alexander is more than willing to take your daughter and do horrible things to the child-"

My heart dropped to my stomach and the air in my lungs turned to lead. I looked at her to see any sign of deception but there was none. She was either a great liar or the scum of a person had told her everything there was to know. Swallowing hard I opened my mouth to refuse but no sound left my mouth.

"-Just like he did to you"

The memories that I had pushed to the darkest parts of me surfaced and the bad pictures flitted through my mind. Instead of having my face in the memory it was replaced by Athena's. I knew what that man was capable of and fear surged through my body.

"If we do, who's to say that he won't take her anyway?"

Olivia rubbed her hands together as an evil grin passed her lips and from a pocket in her jacket she pulled out some papers.