Chapter Seven

AN: Double update! And this is to make up for the short chapter before, but they needed to be separated.

Axel stood at the double doors of the Lawson family mansion a little stunned to say the least. Every word she had said was valid, he knew the truth behind this act but part of him wanted it to be truth, part of him wanted Elizabeth as his, and only his.

The presence of other men drove him mad, he couldn't stomach the thought of men looking at her with lust filled looks. Elizabeth had been in his bed before she was CEO and he remembered looking at her in his bed that morning, five years ago and thinking he could be content with her for the test of his life. Content was enough right? He would have settled with her if she was still in his bed when he had returned that day, but she had left. Leaving no trace of her presence or identity. Maybe that was what had irked him most, he was the one that left without a trace. Ellie had left with no name or number for him to call if he wanted to, he wasn't given a choice. If Axel had that option would it still sit wrong with him?

He strolled back to his limo and asked his driver to take him to his apartment, where he was hoping his short term fling would be waiting for him. His thoughts skimmed through the girls body, he hadn't even cared to learn the girls name. He called her Wednesday, because that was the day they had met. She knew what she was doing in the bedroom and that was all she was good for. He didn't care for romance and love, those frivolous things were best kept in the movies and books.

Olivia was happily living in a suite below his and she had pushed him to do this. She wanted Elizabeth to fall in love with him and rip her heart out. Axel had been extremely willing to do that, but this evening they had spent together left him questioning whether she was as bad and mean as Olivia had said. Of course she had her rough edges, but there was something else about her that he couldn't place.

If he used enough harsh words he'd hope that she would hate him, not willingly kiss her like she had in the limo. He had been sulking too, Elizabeth and that Hamilton guy had a close relationship that he was jealous of, he could hear their hushed conversation but not the words they said. What got to him most were her innocent and adorable sounding giggles. He was finding it harder to separate his recenge and his feelings. He hated feelings, they were a nuisance but they constantly told him that what he was doing was wrong.

When she rushed off the day he had confronted her he had seen real fear in her eyes and wanted to know what could make such a powerful person like her scared, he needed that to take her down but after thinking more into it he'd also wanted to make sure she was okay. He was at war with himself between what he thought was right and what his conscience knew was right, a battle he thought he was winning until now.

When he showed up at her apartment he didn't have a plan at all, them ending up in bed together wasn't on the agenda, but the room next to hers was purchased for surveillance on her, it didn't have much use though, because she moved after their 'moment'.

He got people to sit outside the house she had moved to and they hadn't reported anything of use, he found out today why, because she wasn't actually living there and she even had a room mate.

His driver pulled up to one of his hotels and opened the door for him. Axel stepped out only to be greeted with his sister and a tanned man standing next to her. She smiled and walked over to him happily, she kissed his cheek and he smiled.

He was glad to have her back, he hadn't seen her look so good for a long time, he was glad to have his little sister back. Although she had lost the innocent spark about her she was still the Olivia he had grown up with. The only girl, aside from her mother, that he loved. Although Susan was his step mother, she was the only mother he had ever known, he called her mum like his sister.