Chapter Twenty One

Sorry. Short chapter. But it was about time to update! It's been too long! After this is the final chapter... Uhh... Leave the pitch forks behind yeah?

He woke to the sound of an annoying beep. The constant hich pitched BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. It was annoying and he wanted nothing more than to destroy the sound box. It was like an alarm clock sounding early in the morning after a heavy night of drinking. He hated that sound and he hated this sound. His eyes protested as he tried to open them, the heavy lids were not quite ready to open. He groaned impatiently and rustling sounds echoed around him. It was frustrating that he couldn't seem to break out of his hazy sleep. Where the hell was he? What the hell was going on?

He couldn't remember exactly what happened before he went to sleep and when his eyes finally opened he found himself more confused than ever. What the hell was he doing in a hospital bed. Why was Olivia at his side in tears? She had a large grin on her face and squeezed his hand gently.

"Axel..." She whispered.

Wait who was Axel? It took him a few seconds longer than he'd like to admit to remember that was his name. Only a fool could forget his own name right? How long had he been out, for him to forget his own name for a few seconds? He looked around the lavish room adorned with flowers, balloons and all sorts of Get well cards but the person he was looking for was not there... Who was it he was looking for? The name was on the tip of his tongue.

"They said that you'd never wake up again!" His sister wailed, she draped her body onto his chest and wept helplessly. Axel only placed a hand on her head stroking it gently in an attempt to console her. What was his sister talking about? Had she hit her head?

"Liv, what do you mean?" He asked with confusion lacing his words.

His younger sister looked up at him and wiped away the tears falling from her face, "You don't remember?" She asked.

Axel gave her an impatient look that told her to hurry up, to which she responded with a narrowed stare. She sighed and closed her eyes, wincing as if she were reliving a bad memory and he guessed that it was.

"I'm not sure what you were doing, but you were hit by a car. Security cameras got the mans plates and he was tried with reckless endangerment and the horrible driving charge. You've been in a coma for the last year and a half."

Year and a half? 18 months? What about his daughter? Daughter. He has a daughter? Confusion slammed into him mixed with a migraine. His head hurt badly, hands clasping his skull he let out a pained howl before everything went black again. 

~

There was a beeping sound again. It gyrated on his nerves but there was no way to stop it with the way he was at the moment. Axel was growing more and more frustrated. This time when he opened his eyes he was greeted with a woman in a white coat. She smiled lightly and nodded at him.

"Ah. You're awake." She grinned.

Axel nodded mutely. "It seems that your mind was a little overwhelmed with information this morning." Axel didn't say anything, only looked for a tag for the woman to identify her.

"I am Doctor Tony. Yes my last name is Tony." This woman seemed unusually chipper for working in a hospital. He didn't know if he had the courage to smile as broadly as she did working around sickness and death everyday. "I think we'll have to filter your information until your mind can handle it again. Your body hasn't been used for sometime and it needs time to adjust."

Axel nodded his head as the facts he'd been told earlier slowly swirled in his mind. Daughter. He was a father, he looked up at the Doctor and frowned. "What about my daughter? Where is Athena? Where is Ellie?"