To Little Hangleton

A few days later, I found myself, Fred, and George all in an intense game of exploding snap. Exploding snap is a game in which the cards spontaneously explode. By the third round, my fingertips were slightly singed. A sudden rap on the back door caught all of our attention. George went to go investigate, while I ran into the bedroom, hiding from the visitor. Fred quickly cleared my exploding snap hand, making it look like only the twins had been playing.

“Oi, Belle! You can come out, it’s only Dumbledore.” George yelled as he and Grandpa walked up the stairs.

I ran out of the bedroom to see George and Fred sitting on the couch, and Grandpa looking well, not as cheerful as usual. He smiled at me, but there was no twinkle in his eyes. The smile that was on my face quickly slid off and it was replaced by a worried expression. I sat next to Fred, and prepared for the worst.

“Belle, I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to accompany me on a trip. I can’t say where to, and it could be possibly dangerous.” Grandpa said, his eyes showing sadness.

I took a deep breath. I didn’t want to leave the loft, or the twins. The twins made me feel so comfortable and at home, I was barely homesick. Those two have to be the funniest people I have ever met! Whenever I’m around them, there’s never a dull moment. Especially Fred, he made me feel so.. just so wonderful. Whenever I looked into those deep brown eyes, my stomach would flip around nervously and I would feel like the only girl in the world. And when he would call me love? I would swoon. Not to be cliché or anything. I would hide myself behind my bangs when stuff like that would happen, so they wouldn’t see me blushing.

But I trusted Grandpa, and if he needed me to do something I would do it.

I nodded at him and said, “Alright, when do we leave?”

“Immediately.” Grandpa said.

“Do I need to bring anything with me?”

“No, just say your goodbyes and we’ll be off.” Grandpa told me, eying the twins.

Fred cleared his throat and stood up. “Um Dumbledore, do you think there’s a chance you might need another person to accompany you?”

Grandpa smiled slightly and said, “Now that I think of it, I might need another person. If it is okay with your brother, you may come.”

Fred shot me a smile, and looked at George who just nodded. I would’ve asked if George could come too, but someone had to stay at the store. We can’t trust Verity to run the whole store by herself!

“Now quickly, quickly grab my arm and we’ll be off.” Grandpa sternly said, motioning us to come quickly. I looked at George and gave him a hug.

“Don’t worry, I’ll see you soon.” He whispered in my ear. I nodded. There was some sense of... foreboding in this goodbye. It was bad enough Grandpa was nervous about this trip.

Fred gave his brother one of those man-hugs, and then joined me and Grandpa.

“Goodbye, George.” He quickly said, and we were off. Like usually, lights, cars, building, and people flew past us while we traveled in this rubber-tube. As we hit the ground, my knees slightly buckled. Fred grabbed my arm and helped me stand upright. I smiled, and he gave me a stunning grin. I quickly turned away, to find ourselves in a small town, which according to the sign was called Little Hangleton. It was night-time, and difficult to see, but from what I picked out was this town was not wealthy- maybe the complete opposite. The entire town seemed run down; many of the houses were small and only one-floored. Weeds and untamed plants grew amuck.

“Come here, quickly.” The sound of Grandpa’s voice brought me back from my evaluation of this town. Fred held tightly onto my arm as we walked to where we heard his voice.

The amount of houses grew thinner and thinner until there was only one lonely shack at the end of this street. That’s if you could even call it a shack anymore, it was half-destroyed, hiding behind weeds and shrubbery.

Grandpa was kneeling over a few tattered books, reaching for something. Fred and I walked over to where he finally held up what he had been reaching for- a ring.

“Fred, if you could hold this for me?” Grandpa said, still holding the ring. He opened his long dark blue robe to reveal a sword. The sword was decorated in red rubies, and some words were etched in the blade but I was too far away to see what they were. Fred’s eyes bugged a little at the sight of the sword.

“Sir, is that Godric Gryffindor’s sword?” He asked, taking the sword. He let go of my arm, and was admiring the sword.

Grandpa didn’t hear Fred for he was still gazing intently at the ring. It was odd the ring, the stone was in a triangular cut, and I could feel the power radiating off it. I placed my hand gently on Grandpa’s hand before remarking, “Grandpa what is that?” I couldn’t just be any old ring, I’m not that stupid.

Grandpa ignored me, and placed the ring on his finger. I had still been touching Grandpa, and whatever curse hit Grandpa flowed right from him into me. I screamed in agony, dropping to the floor. I began to thrash involuntarily on the cold ground.

“Isabelle!” Fred shouted, dropping the sword. I closed my eyes from the pain, and waited for death to come. I could feel numbness swallowing up my limbs, starting with my fingertips and toes, working it's way up my arms and legs.

"Grab the sword" I heard Grandpa shout back at Fred.

"Stab the ring!" Grandpa hollered at Fred. Grandpa muttered some words under his breath, and I blacked out.

____________________________________________________________________

Short, I know.

They found the first Horcrux- Mavolo Gaunt's ring by the way, if you couldn't tell. AKA the resurrection stone.

QCC?

I wanted to get this quickly up because I probably won't be able to update for a few days.

:-)