A Hunch

******

MY BEST FRIEND, AND COUSIN JENNA IS IN THE FINALS FOR A TV SINGING CONTEST CALL BROADWAY'S NEXT STAR (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT). IN ORDER FOR HER TO KEEP MOVING FOWARD SHE NEEDS VOTES! IF YOU WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO VOTE FOR HER ON YOUTUBE, I WILL FOREVER OWE YOU!! XD

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT8HSorDNjY&feature=feedlik

OR IT'S ON THE SIDEBAR THING >>>>

AND AGAIN, THANK YOU ALL!!!!

****** 

The next morning we were put to the task of opening the safe. It was tiny, barely one foot by one foot. It was magically preserved, for the paint wasn’t peeling and the metal wasn’t rusted.

“Alohomora!” A very frustrated Fred yelled at the safe. The safe quivered, but didn’t open.

“Bombarda!”

The safe flew into the air, some of the green paint chipping off of it.

“Gah, Bombarda maxima!”

The safe was thrown a few feet away. After the dust cleared, we saw the safe remained unopened.

“Cistem Aperio!”

When the safe remained unopened, Fred collapsed on the ground next to me.

“Bloody safe. Bloody hell.” He mumbled, throwing his wand on the ground.

“You know,” I began, “The Gaunts were Parselmouths. Maybe the safe can only be opened by talking to it in Parseltongue?”

Fred looked at me, then said, “Well where the hell are we going to find a Parselmouth in the middle of a forest?”  

“I dunno…” I murmured, looking away from his gaze.

He sighed and said, “Sorry love, I’m just frustrated. I’ve been trying to open this safe for the past hour. Bollocks.”

“It’s fine Fred, I understand. I just wish I could help…” I whispered, talking mainly to myself.

“Love, without you I wouldn’t have a clue on anything. Let’s go over the information we’ve unveiled, eh?”

I smiled at Fred’s soft words.

“Alright. Let’s see, Merope and Tom Riddle are Voldemort’s parents. That must’ve killed Marvolo, his daughter falling for a Muggle. He actually might have physically harmed her if he ever found out, or maybe she courted him secretly…” I trailed off. Maybe Merope went behind her father and brother’s backs and wooed Tom?

“Well both Marvolo and Morfin were in Azkaban for quite some time. That would probably give Merope enough time to elope with Tom.” Fred put in.

“Brilliant! She must have run away after they left with Tom, got married, and had Voldemort!” I exclaimed.