Falling

Taking in a deep breath, I opened my eyes. A mop of red hair flooded my vision. Fred.

I smiled. We had taken to sleeping in the same bed every since the nightmares began.

A few weeks ago, I started having these strange dreams over and over. I was falling, just falling. As I fell, I would pass these memories of the people I loved most- Grandma and Grandpa, the Weasleys, Tara, Fred. As I would fall past the memory, it would shatter. At the end, I would hit the ground and become paralyzed. My cold body would lay on the ground, bloody and broken. Yet somehow I was able to see the same people I love from the memories gather around me and begin to cry. Suddenly, a green flash would erupt from somewhere and kill everyone. Their dead bodies would drop around me, blood trickling from their mouths and I, trapped in my broken body, would have to stare at their bodies until I woke up. The first few nights I would wake up screaming, frantically searching the apartment to make sure everyone was still alive. After the dreams refused to go away, Fred began to sleep next to me in bed. Just falling asleep with his warm arm around me was soothing. Not that the dreams faded, but I felt calmer with him and I was no longer waking up yelling.

I walked out of the bedroom and into the main area, where Tara and George were sharing the couch. The two had recently before very touchy-feely and were spending much more time together. Moving into the kitchen, I walked over to the calendar and crossed another day off the calendar. Today was June 30th. Almost Tara’s birthday, July 14th! I knew George was trying to plan a surprise for her on that day. I wonder if it’s a romantic evening. I hope so, they’re so cute together!

I opened the refrigerator only to find spoiled milk and some weird concoctions of Fred and George's. I gagged a bit from the smell and quickly shut the refrigerator door. I slumped into the kitchen chair, rubbing my stomach hungrily.

I heard a strange sound suddenly, and whipped my head towards the door. An envelop flew from underneath the door and landed on the table. Curiously I reached over and opened it. It read:

Isabelle,

I hope all is well with you and your friends, however that is not why I write you today.

I need you to come to Hogwarts as I must speak with you. If you can, and you must, have Fred or someone else apparate you into my office at precisely noon. I will make sure your travel is low-key and no one else shall know of this.

I will be expecting you.

-Grandpa

"Fred, Fred!" I said, shaking him, "Get up!"

"Mum, five more minutes..." he mumbled. I rolled my eyes. Idiot.

"It's Belle you bum. Get up!" I gave him a final shake.

"Gah, I'm up. Bloody hell, is there a fire or something?" Fred blearily said, rubbing his eyes.

I giggled, but then became serious, "I need you to take a look at this letter."

Fred expressed the same concerns I did, "He seems to be quite serious about this whole matter. Do you have any idea about what he needs to discuss?"

I shook my head no. I had no idea.

"Do you think it has to do with...?" Fred asked, implying our horcrux search.

"It may. I honestly have no clue."

"Well let us get dressed quietly, as to not wake the others."

I nodded, and headed to my pile of clothes.

-------

"Ready?" Fred whispered, looking at the still-sleeping forms of Tara and George.

"Yeah."