Beating the Beater

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE AUTHOR'S NOTE!! Thanks :-)

Merlin, was time passing by quickly. It was already March and Ron had just turned seventeen. According to Fred, “The idiot drank a love potion- nearly died! ‘Course it wasn’t for our ickle Ronnniekins, but for Harry.” Fred and I had celebrated Valentine’s Day together- it was quite nice, just a home cooked meal with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, as well as George and Tara who were getting quite comfortable with each other if I do say so myself.

At the moment, we were sitting on the floor playing exploding snaps.

“Ahha!” George cried, slamming his wand onto two alike cards.

“Bloody hell George!” Fred yelled as his hand was singed by the explosion.

Laughing quietly, I too tapped two alike cards with the tip of my finger. Immediately they began to sizzle and snap, releasing fiery sparks.

Tara groaned, “I am terrible at this game! They cards keep on shuffling faster and faster- I can’t keep up!”

“Love, you’ll get it soon enough,” George said soothingly.

“Yeah, you’ll get SOMETHING soon enough and I’m sure as hell it’s a bit more pleasurable…”  Fred alluded. I sniggered while George and Tara’s face quickly grew red.

George snapped, “Oh please! I hear you and Belle going at it all the time! You two are like dying cows. I swear! Can’t even get me some sleep.”

“Jealous?” Fred wickedly smiled.

“No offence Belle, but no.” George threw his arm around Tara.

“How about we do something else?” Tara suggested, standing up.

“I agree!” I yelled, getting to my feet.

“Let’s go play Quidditch! We can go home and play it in the yard.” George said.

“Yeah!” The three of us chorused.

Fred and George laced their arms around Tara and I, and apparated us to the Burrow. Of course we were apparated a bit farther away from the Burrow due to wards placed around the perimeter.

“Mum!” Fred and George yelled, walking towards their house.

Mrs. Weasley came out, a pot in hand.

“Oh! Boys, Tara, Isabelle, your just in time for lunch! Come sit, your father will be home shortly.”

We all sat at the table, our stomachs growling. Mrs. Weasley’s cooking was utterly delicious- pies, breads, vegetables, salads, sandwiches- all for lunch! Mr. Weasley came in soon, kissing his wife on the cheek and nodding to the boys. He looked a bit pale and well, thin. I’m sure working at the Death-Eater infested Ministry had to be quite stressful, all the while trying to hide the fact he is part of the Order and is relaying information from the Ministry to Dumbledore and everyone else.  On top of that, he still has to do his job! Poor man, I feel for him.

After stuffing our faces with the scrumptious food, we all ran outside. Fred handed all of us brooms- Cleansweeps- and George said the rules.

“Alright, so Belle you’re on my team and Tara, you’ll be with Fred. The rules are simple: we only have one goal post and each team is aiming to score on the other team’s goal. Since we don’t have any snitches, we’ll just use quaffles. We’ll play the first team to five. On my mark, ready… set… go!” George tossed the ball into the air and I quickly mounted my broom.

 I dove for the quaffle, but Tara grabbed it first. George, playing defense, zoomed to the rusty post and tried to guard Tara from scoring. She passed it to Fred, who threw it into the post. 0-1 Fred and Tara.

It was our ball. George tucked it under his arm, and completed a series of complex loops and turns to get around Tara and Fred. I merely stayed to his right, in case he needed to pass the ball away. Apparently he didn’t need my help, and easily scored. 1-1.

Fred had the ball now, I tried defending him. Unfortunately, I forgot that Fred had played on the Gryffindor Quidditch team, and was quite well. He simply faked right and flew left, leaving me to eat his dust.

“You’ll have to do better than that, love!” Fred yelled over his shoulder. Fred pulled in George to guard him, only to pass it to Tara. Goal. 1-2.

Our ball. George, smiling, handed me that ball. I stared at the quaffle, unsure how to proceed. Before I could even think of any moves to evade the defense, Tara ripped the ball out of my hands and went on to score another goal. 1-3.

I could feel my cheeks heating up, and George grabbed the ball. I flew quickly up his left side, and his passed me the ball. The goal was right in front of me. The only thing stopping me from scoring was- “Hello, love. Whatcha gonna do?” Fred teasingly asked.

An idea popped into my head. I flew extremely close to Fred, and suddenly kissed his lips. Surprised, Fred’s eyes widened, and then closed. Perfect. I pushed him away, and threw the quaffle through the post. 2-3.

With that, the game quickly ended with a score of 3-5, Fred and Tara winning.

“Good game!” George cheerily said, high-fiving me, “And nice moves.”

I blushed, and looked at my feet.  

_____________________________________________________________

I'm not sure how to proceed. I need time to move very quickly- specifically to the summer. However, would you as the readers prefer short fillers (such as this one) until they reach June or July or longer chapters, but time has suddenly gone from March to June?

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINION!!

Sorry I disappeared, it's been crazy. I got a job, play sports, am taking four AP classes, and have to deal with family things.

My brother's been in and out of the hospital, and its been really stressful, so I appologize for the terrible chapter.

ALSO! If you live on Long Island, please support the building of the Suffolk County Children's Hospital! It would make a HUGE difference to the kids, especially one's like my brother.

QCC?

:-)