Radio Head

Fred’s POV:

I was lying on my bed back at the Burrow, holding a picture of Belle and I that Mum had taken of us. We were in the joke shop and she was helping George and I stock the shelves. She was wearing a pair of circular glasses with an attached nose and mustache- a Muggle toy. I had my arm draped around her, and we were both laughing.

Those were good times.

Sighing, I put the picture down and buried my head into my pillow.

One month.

One month without Belle; one month of worrying; one month of heartache.

I didn’t even know what to do with myself. I hadn’t realized how much she meant to me until she was gone. I can barely even remember what happened…

I remember falling into the water, and the waves crashing on top of me, forcing me under the water. I couldn’t see and flailed my arms wildly, finally breaking to the surface. I looked left and right, but couldn’t see Belle. I screamed her name, and no answer. I saw a rock jetting out of the water and held onto it, yelling for Belle a few more times. When I couldn’t see or hear her, I apparated myself into the Burrow, dripping wet. I told them what had happened and immediately Dumbledore, Dad, and others were searching for her. All we knew for sure was she did not drown… she escaped somehow, but to where?

I looked. And looked, and looked.

Did she fall off the face of the Earth?

Was she captured?

Was she being tortured?

Was she… dead?

Everyone kept telling me she was going to be found and everything was going to be fine, but that was a lot easier to say then it was for it to actually happen.

“Fred! Come down here!” Mum shouted from the kitchen.

I slid off my bed onto the floor and made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen. While walking, I passed the clock that was still pointing at mortal peril. That lifted my mood. Insert sarcasm.

“Yes Mum?” I asked, whirling into the kitchen. Sitting at the table was none other than Lee Jordan.

“Lee!” I exclaimed, clasping my friend on the back.

“How are you? What brings you to the Burrow?”

Smiling, Lee said, “I’ve come up with a brilliant idea, and it’s not regarding practical jokes. Wanna here it?”

I nodded, and immediately we ran upstairs.

“With conflict between us and the Death Eaters growing each day,” Lee began, sitting himself down on George’s bed, “I’ve decided to help relay information to not just Harry, Hermione, and Ron, but to others who cannot just send an owl anymore to receive news.”

“Interesting…” I started. Where was he going with this?

“Actually it was George who gave me the idea. He was listening to the radio the other day in the shop, when he began to mutter about how the blasted Death Eaters are monitoring the news the radio stations relay to the public.

“So I began to think- what if we, those on the inside of the Order and pro-Harry, set up a radio station that tells the actually truth behind the war? Actual events, where’s Harry, the latest battles, etc.”

I thought about this for a moment. Not the worst of ideas, I’ll be honest, but it couldn’t just be broadcasted to anyone and everyone- i.e. Death Eaters.      

Lee practically read my mind and quickly said, “We would have to charm it or something. We could change the station every day, and use code names or something.”

I could swear that sometimes Lee was a genius or something.

I grinned, “I like it.”  

I took my radio, and we began tampering with it.

Anything to take my mind of the possible fate of Belle.

_________________________________________________________________________

This is completely a filler chapter, so I apologize!

Life has been crazy, per usual, so I'm sosososooo sorry for the crazy long wait for this really short, not exciting chapter.

Hang in there, it will get better I promise!